MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

GT5

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

GT5

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 am

Well it finally came out. Some 5 or 6 years since the last update. I've been keeping tabs on this thing since I bought my PS3 3 years ago. I decided against buying the GT5 "Prologue" thinking the full game would be out in no time. This past Wed. it finally got released. Was it worth the wait? Eh sorta. It's not revolutionary at all in it's structure. It's the same game it was the first go around on PS One. It's completely necessary however. The same tracks are there. Some new ones have been added. The Top Gear Test track is there. It's incredibly beautiful and there's some 1000+ cars. I already own 8 or so after only a few hours of game play. The license tests are there. They are also non-revolutionary but completely necessary. Haven't played in a while and just throwing you on a track with a 500 HP beast is not going to lead to a fun experience. My first ride was a MacGruber inspired '89 Mazda Miata in classic red. Anyways just wondering if there's anyone else out there excited about this. Wondering if I should go full bore and find a force feedback steering wheel. I feel like the game deserves one. Any suggestions?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games