MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby pjbogart » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 pm

So they've posted some new gameplay vids of the next installment of The Elder Scrolls. For those of you who played Morrowind or Oblivion you pretty much know what to expect, but you might be pleasantly surprised by this preview. For those of you unfamiliar with the series, they're basically enormous open-ended RPG's that offer a slew of quests, but what you do in the game is pretty much up to you. I had a friend joke that he played Morrowind for almost 5 years before he bothered to complete the main quest line.

The game is set for release on 11/11/11 which should mean that you'll finally be getting bored of it by the time you have to vote for a President next year.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Postby pjbogart » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Fucking epic. I've played literally hundreds of video games over the years. Baldur's Gate II, HOMM III, Half Life 2, Max Payne, Doom 3, Tomb Raider Anniversary... all great games. I could even add Morrowind and Oblivion to the mix but I've never, NEVER, seen a game as epic as Skyrim. They spent five years creating this game, and it was worth every minute.

Buy this one... it will keep you occupied all winter. It might even save you some money because you won't even be tempted to buy anything else. It's THAT good.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games