MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

World of Tanks

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

World of Tanks

Postby acereraser » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm

I have been thoroughly enjoying this for about a month and a half. It is a free-to-play MMO, and for the first month, I never paid a cent, and my experience was in no way diminished for that, to the point that I felt a little guilty for not paying. The biggest gain from paying for a premium account is additional exp. and credits from each battle, but the difference is not huge.

Unlike the World of Warcraft MMO model, if you want better armor for your tank, you don't have to go mine ore, then forge it, slowly improve your forging, then go to the tank factory and build a tank. You just battle more, which is what we all want, so it is nice to see someone figured that out. There is not a whole lot of room for griefers/brats to flourish, so they aren't really a concern.

The Russians who put this together are to be commended for their detailed research into WWII era tanks. I used to do some Micro Armour gaming way back when. If you are familiar with that, then imagine that animated in real time. They are working on a World of Warplanes, but I really can't imagine how that will work until I see it in action.

If anyone is playing already, or decides to check it out, let me know if you feel like platooning.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games