MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

gallery night stolen artwork

Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Music That Doesn't Rawk, Overture issues, etc.

gallery night stolen artwork

Postby ccalving » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm

on this past gallery night two small paintings were stolen off the walls of Macha Tea House. This is truly concerning that anyone would think this alright in any way. I know Nina Bednarski the artist is surely dissapointed that beginning works of a new series direction were stolen before any feedback could be persued.

In four years of being an artist in this city that is so difficult when it comes to doing this as a fulltime career. It is such so much work putting yourself out there selling your expression and ideas that have been such a major part of your life for the past months during their creation. To have them stolen is just pathetic.

ugh.
ccalving

Postby Flattop » Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 am

I had a couple of mine destroyed late last year by an overenthusiastic drunk who, obviously, had a bit of a problem with male nudity. Honestly, I would've preferred stolen over destroyed.

It's the risk, though admittedly very rarely a risk, of hanging something in a public place. It sucks, but what can you do?
Flattop
Forum Addict

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 am

Good lord.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Flattop » Tue May 13, 2008 9:21 am

I should point out that my stuff wasn't wrecked on Gallery Night, to be fair to those folks. Mine was just the victim of a random a**hole.
Flattop
Forum Addict

Gallery Night stolen artwork

Postby Pxn8tr » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Craig, I was disheartened to read that and felt badly for Nina. Don't suppose her pieces have been recovered? It's a backhanded compliment I guess - that someone liked them enough to want them, but was jerk enough to just take them.
Pxn8tr

Return to The Arts