MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

McDonalds on Milwaukee Street locks the Doors at 6:00 PM WTF

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

McDonalds on Milwaukee Street locks the Doors at 6:00 PM WTF

Postby bassbari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Tuesday night I was on the East Side in my quest for a place to get a quick bite to eat. I needed to be near Fair Oaks and Milwaukee St at 6:00 PM, so I knew there wouldn't be much selection as far as fast food to pick from, so I settled on McDonald's at Stoughton RD and Milwaukee ST to get a grilled Caesar salad. (at least something healthier) I discovered that there is very little to pick from near Woodman's East. When I got to the counter at 5:55PM they were telling the customers that counter service will be closing at 6:00 PM and that only drive through service would be available after that time. They locked the doors and wouldn't let anyone else in, and unlocked it for me to leave. WTF? I had no idea that the McDonald customer or employee was in that much danger, to keep customers out. Is this right? Do they need armed guards at the doors or is locking it solving the bigger problem? Is this the only one like this or are they doing this elsewhere in town. ( or the euphemism "the troubled areas") I think that they think so little of the customer that they would rather not have them there using the playground and enjoying the place. I mean, even in bigger urban areas, are they doing this practice? I mentioned it to Culver's the next night and no one ever heard of this.
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Re: McDonalds on Milwaukee Street locks the Doors at 6:00 PM

Postby O.J. » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Two words: McRib Stampede.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bassbari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Wrong... Next
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Wrong... Next

There's that wonderful sense of humor that DPF readers find so endearing. Way to take a joke choir boy.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:48 pm

After reading the OP's convincing bitch rant, I'll be going to Graze tonight so I can feel hoity–toity.
HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby bassbari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Not much of a sense of humor when, I am being shown the door. Seriously, I appreciate your jest, I have been on the Forum for years and can roll with the best of them, but what is this all about? I used to work in that area and never felt unsafe. Is there a lot of crime in that area. I know that a lot a places close earlier for the counter, but 6:00? Come on! Is this a community issue or is it a corporate issue?
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bassbari » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:58 pm

HamsterArmageddon wrote:After reading the OP's convincing bitch rant, I'll be going to Graze tonight so I can feel hoity–toity.

It's not so hoity-toity. Prices are under 10 per person, and the combos are great. Get the Eastern Style ribs. Yummy!
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:05 pm

There was a recent discussion on Woodman's parking lot...

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=49605&hilit=Woodman%27s
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby persia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:32 am

Good gosh man, it's Milwaukee street, I would never open any doors on Milwaukee street, you'd never know what might come in. Can't they just serve the stuff through glass windows? Preferably ones that are bullet proof and have some kind of rapid sterilisation system?
persia
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:14 pm

bassbari wrote:
HamsterArmageddon wrote:After reading the OP's convincing bitch rant, I'll be going to Graze tonight so I can feel hoity–toity.

It's not so hoity-toity. Prices are under 10 per person, and the combos are great. Get the Eastern Style ribs. Yummy!

That would be Haze.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 am

bassbari wrote:I know that a lot a places close earlier for the counter, but 6:00? Come on! Is this a community issue or is it a corporate issue?

You should show your protest by never eating at McDonald's again. Should not be that difficult no matter where you are in Madison.

Head down to Cottage Grove road and you'll find a Culver's, a Milio's sub shop in the gas station across from Sentry, a rib joint on the corner, a cheap Chinese place in Sentry parking lot. Sentry might have decent quick eats in their deli.

There is Pan And Pan (Mexican bakery and takeout) in the parking lot of Woodmans. Their burritos are big and cheap. Antojitos El Toril on Cottage Grove just past Dempsey intersection. Some claim they have some of the best Mexican food in town.

Or take the short trip up Milwaukee to Fair Oaks and head over to Glass Nickel for a salad far better than McD. I guarentee they will not kick you out at 6p.

No one should have to settle with McDonalds anywhere in Madison.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am

I'll second the place that was once Hardees/Popeye's in the Woodmans parking lot. They have some nice baked goods as well. The food is cheap and (to me) it was good.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Twofer4 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am

bassbari wrote:They locked the doors and wouldn't let anyone else in, and unlocked it for me to leave. WTF? I had no idea that the McDonald customer or employee was in that much danger, to keep customers out. Is this right? Do they need armed guards at the doors or is locking it solving the bigger problem? Is this the only one like this or are they doing this elsewhere in town. ( or the euphemism "the troubled areas")

You've made a lot of poor assumptions based on your flamboyant fears.

Did it every occur to you to ask why? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps this wasn't the norm and that there might be a particular reason - unexpected maintenance, staffing shortage etc..., that caused them to close the dining area early?

Call them and ask what time they close their dining room in the evening.(hint: it's not 6:00.)
Twofer4
Forum Addict

Postby acereraser » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm

They were most likely closing for a private party, and you were just unlucky. That happened to me the last time I tried to eat at Le Chardonnay for the mussel special, and then they closed before I had another chance. I hope that doesn't happen to you.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 pm

acereraser wrote: I hope that doesn't happen to you.

That McDonald's will close before he ever gets a chance to eat there again?

Now there is something to lose sleep over......
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe