MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

My solution for Sundance prices

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:22 am

depinmad wrote:but the last time i was at westgate, they had only replaced random seats with newer ones. it was completely mix and match.

If by "random" and "mix and match" you mean entire rows, then you're right. Only some rows have been replaced with new seats. They're easy to tell apart, even in the dark.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Athena » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:25 am

I'm not sure what was wrong with your popcorn. I've been there several times and I love the popcorn at Sundance. The butter they use is real butter and it tastes great. Although, if you get butter on your popcorn you should be aware that it will soak through the bags they use. I've been taking a huge pile of napkins to stick under the bag so I don't get a giant grease stain.

The strawberry smoothies are heavenly. And last time I was there they had opened a second line just for the theatre snacks so if you were getting candy or popcorn you wouldn't have to wait as long.

My only complaint is that they said they would take part in the film festival and they aren't. There weren't any of the Sundance festival films either. I don't understand why they aren't living up to their promise to have festival movies.
Athena
Forum Addict

Postby TAsunder » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 am

I'm glad they aren't taking part in the festival... it's too far away and too much hassle to go there for a film festival film.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 pm

TAsunder wrote:I'm glad they aren't taking part in the festival... it's too far away and too much hassle to go there for a film festival film.

speak for yourself, dumbass.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 pm

depinmad wrote:
TAsunder wrote:I'm glad they aren't taking part in the festival... it's too far away and too much hassle to go there for a film festival film.

speak for yourself, dumbass.

Yo dipshit, have you never actually attended a film festival or are you simply incapable of logical thought? Apparently you are such a dimwit that you think it is a good idea to have films at a theater 15 minutes driving/parking time away from the other theaters that are all a short walk from each other.

Note this quote on the film festival's web site:

The Wisconsin Film Festival is hosted by a combination of campus, civic, and privately owned theaters, all in the heart of Madison and all within walking distance.

Yet another example of your brain being deficient.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 pm

I used to go out to Hilldale for movies during the festival. Far easier to park out there. If you're not watching one after another, it's not a problem and a nice relief. The theatre was nice too--better than one I saw last year on campus and the small one behind the Orpheum (Stage Door?).
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Easy to park at the old hilldale theater? Now I've heard everything...
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Yup, not to mention free.
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Athena » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 pm

If more theaters take part in the film festival, then there can be more films and more showings of each film. There were several films that I wanted to see that were only playing once and conflicted with something else. It would take a little longer to get to the Sundance theater from downtown, but the parking is free and available. You can't say that about the Union theaters. But more than anything Sundance said when they were first building the theater that they would take part in the festival as a gesture of goodwill to the local film community, and they haven't followed through.
Athena
Forum Addict

Postby fennel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Athena wrote:It would take a little longer to get to the Sundance theater from downtown, but the parking is free and available.
Eh, no kidding! At least a 45 minute walk each way. (That's what I'd call a show-stopper.)
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Movies