MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Public Enemies Casting Call

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Postby MadMind » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 pm

So did all of you bring in your own photo(s) for the casting call at the Terrace? Where did you have them taken? How much? Or did you print them yourself?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:58 pm

took a photo of myself at arm's length with a digital camera, had it printed at Walgreens.

Say, that reminds me, I haven't gotten my check for the shoot yet... Suprise fun money should be on the way.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:44 am

Shipley wrote:took a photo of myself at arm's length with a digital camera, had it printed at Walgreens.

Were you wearing the requested garb? And what did they initially require? 6x9's?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:09 am

i was wearing a shirt & tie, so it was the requested garb but also what I normally wear.

I gave 'em a 4x6. there were plenty people in line with me at the casting call who just had regular photos in hand. I kinda chuckled to myself when I noticed that 4 young women in front of me all had photos with boyfriends cropped out. I honestly can't imagine how sad a life must be when the only photos someone has are of them standing behind someone else.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:05 am

It doesn't specify what to wear when sending in photos for this second casting call.
http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=22316
http://madison.craigslist.org/tlg/642032976.html
Whaddya think?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Tue May 06, 2008 1:38 pm

I never got around to sending in my picture to be part of the 2nd casting call for extras. Oh well.
So anyone here extras in the Madison filming?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby tomr » Tue May 06, 2008 2:46 pm

MadMind wrote:I never got around to sending in my picture to be part of the 2nd casting call for extras. Oh well.
So anyone here extras in the Madison filming?

I was supposed to be a standin this week, but I'm still waiting for a call. I've heard that their schedule is a bit screwed up right now, bouncing around the state. I did some stand-in work last week, and got to hold a tommy gun!
tomr

Postby Shipley » Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm

The US Postal service LOST my paycheck for the day of work I did, so my day in Darlington was a free ride for them.

The production never called when the letter bounced back. I've got no contact info for them at all here.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ryanwiz » Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 pm

That was AWESOME! So much fun!
Ryanwiz

Postby Ryanwiz » Fri May 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Shipley wrote:The US Postal service LOST my paycheck for the day of work I did, so my day in Darlington was a free ride for them.

The production never called when the letter bounced back. I've got no contact info for them at all here.

Drop me an email. I should be able to help you get in touch with them.
~ryan
Ryanwiz

Postby tomr » Fri May 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Ryanwiz wrote:That was AWESOME! So much fun!

Ryanwiz, were you one of the standins up at Mirror Lake? I don't recognize your login name.

This has been a once in a lifetime opportunity. So much fun seeing how movies are made, and actually participating in it. And to add a touch of star worship, I had a wrong impression of Christian Bale the person, drawn from roles and little snippets of stories. On the set, he was very serious about his work, but friendly and nice, even to us idiot standins. Oh, and he ate a bratwurst! We'll make him a Sconnie!

-Tom
tomr

Postby Ryanwiz » Mon May 19, 2008 3:37 pm

tomr wrote:
Ryanwiz wrote:That was AWESOME! So much fun!

Ryanwiz, were you one of the standins up at Mirror Lake? I don't recognize your login name.

This has been a once in a lifetime opportunity. So much fun seeing how movies are made, and actually participating in it. And to add a touch of star worship, I had a wrong impression of Christian Bale the person, drawn from roles and little snippets of stories. On the set, he was very serious about his work, but friendly and nice, even to us idiot standins. Oh, and he ate a bratwurst! We'll make him a Sconnie!

-Tom

Nope, didn't work up at Mirror Lake.
I was a "reporter" on the Capitol steps, a passer-by in the State Street 1st Floor hallway, and a pedestrian in the streets of Columbus.
Ryanwiz

Previous

Return to Movies