MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Capitol Heat and Power
Saturday, January 24, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

King Kong

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:40 pm

TAsunder, reading your posts on this site can lead a person to come to a few conclusions:

1. you're pompous
2. you're a total windbag
3. you try way too hard to be a pompous windbag
Last edited by Bucky Goldstein on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:40 pm

4. I don't like shitty movies.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:45 pm

5. you're a total loser.

i think you replied to my message before i even clicked sumbit.

6. your approach to critical thinking is dreadful.
7. your taste is even worse.
Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby depinmad » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Bucky Goldstein wrote:5. you're a total loser.

i think you replied to my message before i even clicked sumbit.

6. your approach to critical thinking is dreadful.
7. your taste is even worse.

this is what i keep trying to tell people.

this guy talks shit about movies but appears to have hardly seen any.

he talks about music but is just now getting around to hearing wilco

talks about restaurants but clearly is ill at ease with food.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

I take it you really liked King Kong or something? Why get your panties in a bunch over such a mediocre remake? If you are going to get upset over my dislike of a movie, at least choose something reasonable like Little Miss Sunshine.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:55 pm

depinmad wrote:this is what i keep trying to tell people.

this guy talks shit about movies but appears to have hardly seen any.

he talks about music but is just now getting around to hearing wilco

talks about restaurants but clearly is ill at ease with food.

If having good taste like you means being willing to pay ala carte for Howard Stern and enjoying harmonium music as high art, I'll pass.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:38 pm

TAsunder wrote:I take it you really liked King Kong or something? Why get your panties in a bunch over such a mediocre remake? If you are going to get upset over my dislike of a movie, at least choose something reasonable like Little Miss Sunshine.

oh, you think any of this has to do with king king? your entire performance in this thread alone leads to another conclusion:

8. you're dense

and liking little miss sunshine pretty much disqualifies you from criticising any film whatsoever. $10 says you loved juno and haven't even heard of rocket science. wait, i'm right about juno becaused i did a search. you said:

"Whereas Little Miss Sunshine seemed to rely on "it's funny because it's weird!" humor, Juno has sharp dialogue and a tone to it that earns the jokes."

ohhh boy. you piss and moan about plot but you have no qualms at all with the most contrived dialogue in any movie from 2007.
Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:55 pm

So you did or didn't like King Kong? Is it coincidence that you seem to have active disdain for the shift key?

King Kong's running time is a bit longer than 3 hours and most of the movie sucks. The parts that sucked had potential that was never met. I'm sorry if my assumption that Jackson didn't spend enough time on the script offends anyone who likes gems like "The Frighteners" and "Feast"

And no, I don't have qualms with contrived dialogue. It's hard to enjoy David Mamet, The Marx Brothers, and Shakespeare if you can't get over unrealistic dialogue.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 pm

harmonium music?

i don't know what you're referring to, but believe me, i haven't had to search over all your previous posts to realize and remember what a ball of know-nothingness you are.

and don't get excited, plenty of people around here don't bother with the shift key. i am not bucky goldstein.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Yeah, harmonium music. The conversation took place less than two months ago, but I suppose it's not surprising that you can't remember it, given the brain limitations at work.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:25 pm

TAsunder wrote:So you did or didn't like King Kong? Is it coincidence that you seem to have active disdain for the shift key?

King Kong's running time is a bit longer than 3 hours and most of the movie sucks. The parts that sucked had potential that was never met. I'm sorry if my assumption that Jackson didn't spend enough time on the script offends anyone who likes gems like "The Frighteners" and "Feast"

And no, I don't have qualms with contrived dialogue. It's hard to enjoy David Mamet, The Marx Brothers, and Shakespeare if you can't get over unrealistic dialogue.

shakespeare's dialogue is contrived! the coup de gras! oh man, really are confused guy, aren't you? it must be a bummer living your life under the false assumption that your critical eye and ear is above average.

fella, you have a lot of dvds to watch, music to listen to and books to read before you can give an opinion that is to be taken seriously. until then i await your next pitchforkesque take on whatever you watch/listen to/read in the near future.

feast huh? funny you should bring it up (i figured you to believe you're above material like that) as it is nothing short of one of the most original american horror movies made in years.

my opinion on king kong was presented in this thread.

you and the shift key are quite similar. you're both useless to me.
Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby TAsunder » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 am

Feast was garbage by just about any measure. It was fun watching Gulager struggle during the making of it, but as has been the case in all Project Greenlight films, the final product left much to be desired.

Are you saying Shakespeare's dialogue was NOT contrived? You think people actually spoke that way? :roll:
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:30 am

i think he's saying you might secretly be an esl student, as your definitions of the words "plot" and "contrived" seem to be off the mark.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:05 am

depinmad wrote:i think he's saying you might secretly be an esl student, as your definitions of the words "plot" and "contrived" seem to be off the mark.

I'm going by the dictionary for both. You might try buying one some day.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 am

it's cute that you had to look them up.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Movies