MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Timecrimes

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Timecrimes

Postby crevice beatle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

This film is a very stylish, low budget, mind fuck. It gave both my friend and I nightmares after viewing - not the type of dreams where you're being chased or something's out to get you - rather, the ones where you wake up repeatedly, feeling agitated, frustrated, and afraid but you just have no idea what in the world you were dreaming about.
Without giving too much of the story away, the time travel depicted in the film covers less than 24 period...is filled with mystery, supspense, and a distinct feeling of inevitable tragedy.
This is a Spanish film with English subtitles. As was mentioned in the "Let the Right One In" thread, I suggest anyone interested in this movie watch it with the original Spanish using subtitles rather than watching the dubbed version.
Definately a movie for those who are fans of Twilight Zone or perhaps Memento. This is the type of movie that Sundance 608 should have been playing, although I'm fairly certain they did not.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Re: Timecrimes

Postby mrak » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 am

Second that. It's a terrific, engrossing, unnerving little film. It captivated its audience at the 2008 Wisconsin Film Festival.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Movies