MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

favorite movie?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Re: favorite movie?

Postby newman21 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Casablanca
Princess Mononoke
Lord of the Rings (all 3)
Before Sunrise/Before Sunset
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
newman21

Postby wenrum » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

I really like the movie Forrest Gump. I really don't know why but there is something in it that makes it really interesting. That is probably because of a great storyline they used to capture the audience. Imagine being able to work across the different presidents we had our way and that is just really interesting.

That is probably another reason why I love Bubba Gump, aside fro the good food.
wenrum

Postby shergill751 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:06 am

Titanic
American pie
Italian jobs
The lion king
shergill751

Postby city2countrygal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Another “oldie but goodie”

Gabriel García Márquez’s book Love in the Time of Cholera
(English translation published 1988) was adapted into a movie in 2007, starring one of my favorite actors, Javier Bardem. García Márquez is a favorite author of my Bro (my better half) and mine.
His writing style falls into my favorite genre: magical realism.

The first time I watched this movie, I paired it with a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc, one of my favorite white wines just before
I gave up boozin. Oh, the memories! I will recommend the moderately priced yet high in flavor and pedigree variety by Lapostolle Casa, a winery founded in 1994 by the great-granddaughter of the creator of Grand Marnier, Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle. I recently watched it again, so I have a couple questions, a couple quotes, and a comment to share:

Lapostolle (166x300).jpg
Lapostolle (166x300).jpg (38.61 KiB) Viewed 361 times

¿How long does one wait for true love? ¿Seventy years like Florentino Ariza?
The only thing he could do to stay alive was not to allow himself the anguish of that memory. He erased it from his mind, although from time to time in the years that were left to him he would feel it revive, with no warning and for no reason, like the sudden pang of an old scar.

This soup tastes like windows

One more thing, I read in this month’s Cosmo (p.154) that guys like to eggzagerate their “number.” Some even triple it. They think it makes it more likely women will want them. I disagree. Any other ladies care to back me up? BTW, that Jack Bauer thing really pissed me off.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Movies