MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Has anyone used MacX DVD Ripper Pro?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Has anyone used MacX DVD Ripper Pro?

Postby marish » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 pm

I am seeking for software to rip some of my DVDs to my iPad on my macbook. I found MacX DVD Ripper Pro and I got information that this app can be available at very low price now (http://news.yahoo.com/best-2012-back-sc ... 52274.html). Does this app really rip any DVD to my iPad as it claims? If you guys have used this app, plz share your experience and give me some suggestion.
marish

Re: Has anyone used MacX DVD Ripper Pro?

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:55 am

Try Handbrake. It does conversion to all the types of files you should need. I've also used Mactheripper but I think there were more steps involved.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am

fisticuffs wrote:Try Handbrake. It does conversion to all the types of files you should need. I've also used Mactheripper but I think there were more steps involved.

Handbrake is about as good as it gets for ripping. You need to install VLC but it does the trick. I'm pretty sure it does Youtube videos now too. Handy if you're taking the ipad or smartphone on a plane.

Ripping DVD's is a slow process though. People forget how much data is crammed on those shiny little discs.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby marish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 am

To be honest, Handbrake is good indeed, but it need another third app in view of converting the format of DVD movies, if the movie format is not mp4 or h.264. so I dicided to choose macx dvd ripper pro, it is pretty good.
the most excisting point is that this app has been updated to support the latest disney dvd encryption so that i can convert my favorite War Horse to my PS3, cool right? :mrgreen:
marish

Return to Movies