MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Charlie FM

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Do you like Charlie FM?

Yes
14%
No
14%
Same shit, just more of it
36%
Same shit, just more of it
36%

Total votes : 36

Postby regnad_kcin » Mon May 23, 2005 9:27 pm

Entropy's Stagger wrote:
That's what I like about the Lake. THe music stories. I guess it's not for everyone. Some folks don't give a shit about music facts and odd stories. That's what WIBA is for. Just the music and senseless yappin' rednecks. Well, except for O'Connor. He's cool. And Alice.

The trivia stuff is okay, but most is pretty common knowledge: "Did you know Deep Purple wrote Smoke On The Water when the club they were playing burnt down? Yikes! Fire sure is hot."

I mean...shut the hell up, Travis or Scott or Amy or Sly or whoever. They're just reading off a prompter anyway, not sharing anything from their own squirrel-sized tumor cavities.

The Lake revelaled its pre-recorded nature today when the afternoon douchebag said "hope you're enjoying this nice weather! Looks like more of it on the way!"

I noted the sunken temperature, gusty winds and dark, ominous clouds. Busted!!
regnad_kcin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Mon May 23, 2005 10:32 pm

Entropy's Stagger wrote:
barney wrote:But what is with all that trivia / behind the music crap the DJs are always giving? I appreciate a little knowledge most of the time, but, good lord, sometimes they go on for minutes at a clip. I change the station, come back after a commercial and they're STILL yammering on about Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz.

That's what I like about the Lake. THe music stories. I guess it's not for everyone. Some folks don't give a shit about music facts and odd stories. That's what WIBA is for. Just the music and senseless yappin' rednecks. Well, except for O'Connor. He's cool. And Alice.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate useless music trivia as much as the next person, it just seems so contrived and constant is all. (Plus, they're starting to repeat themselves.)

Btw, anyone know if Sue Peterson/sen is still on WIBA? I've always thought she had a really great voice. I heard her on the Lake a couple of times when they first got started, but not lately.
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Entropy's Stagger » Tue May 24, 2005 9:46 am

Sue Peterson is on the Lake now, 7 til midnight:

http://931thelake.com/staff.php3?id=5

I guess I don't listen to the Lake often enough to hear them repeat themselves. Actually, the only time I listen is in the morning with Jason Stevens. I've heard things, music trivia things I didn't know. And I know a ton of shit about music and artists. Oh well.
Entropy's Stagger
Forum Addict

Postby regnad_kcin » Tue May 24, 2005 11:13 am

Did you know that Stevie Nicks owns over 37,000 shawls and scarfs? You didn't?
regnad_kcin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby btrapp » Tue May 24, 2005 5:28 pm

regnad_kcin wrote:Did you know that Stevie Nicks owns over 37,000 shawls and scarfs?

That's not true.

The shawls and scarfs own her.
btrapp
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Tue May 24, 2005 10:48 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Charlie FM?

FU, Charlie ...

Ditto.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe