MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, November 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fog
Collapse Photo Bar

DIGIBOT "Journalists Are People Too" TOUR 3/23

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

In closed quarters, which would you rather fight?

Grizzly bear
23%
Panther
15%
Anaconda
62%

Total votes : 13

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:37 pm

Peelander bump:

How you like your steak?

charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:58 pm

Bump it up. Thursday's coming.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:36 am

From the Daily Page today:

"And at the High Noon Saloon, the Japanese action-comic-punk band Peelander-Z (who hail from Z area on the planet Peelander) join Screamin' Cyn Cyn & the Pons for an evening that promises kung-fu action, human bowling and audience participation (9 pm)."

Please take note of the 9pm start time. Also the fact that Isthmus neglected to mention our band's name again. How many kickass "critic's cherce" bills can Digibot be on and still never get mentioned in the same breath as the other bands on the bill? Oh well, at least Ol' Isthy has been consistent throughout the years ...

Gonna schtick it to ya schtick it to ya schtick it to ya one more time (and I give up)
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Velveeta » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am

Maybe you guys should write a song about sticking it to the Isthmus.
Velveeta
Forum Addict

Postby supaunknown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Velveeta wrote:Maybe you guys should write a song about sticking it to the Isthmus.

Yeah, we could do that. Cuz that's our schtick, right? Making up punky yet quickly forgotten songs on the spot, improv-style?

Sonically bitch-slapping Isthmus tonight would be mostly pointless. I mean, what do they care? It might make us feel just a bit better though. Call it therapy.

Or maybe we should just concentrate on being the best band we can be. If we do that, everything else (like backslaps from raggetty press) should fall into place.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Velveeta » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

supaunknown wrote:
Velveeta wrote:Maybe you guys should write a song about sticking it to the Isthmus.

Yeah, we could do that. Cuz that's our schtick, right? Making up punky yet quickly forgotten songs on the spot, improv-style?

Sonically bitch-slapping Isthmus tonight would be mostly pointless. I mean, what do they care? It might make us feel just a bit better though. Call it therapy.

Or maybe we should just concentrate on being the best band we can be. If we do that, everything else (like backslaps from raggetty press) should fall into place.

You're full of hate today. But yes, I was suggesting you write a song for therapy. The 'Bot always helps with my rage.
Velveeta
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:04 pm

1. From what I understand, we didn't know Digibot was on the bill until Monday, long after the highlights were written.

2. Laskin had nothing to do with today's highlights.

3. This thread should help the situation in the future.

One of these points was written sarcastically.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:32 pm

We've been on the bill for over a month now JJ. You're a paper, so check your facts. Like I said before, Isthmus consistently neglecting to mention our mere presence on killa bills has been going on since 1997. We're fed up ala Fredo.

Hey, we're gonna do the best we can to rock every time we play, regardless of whether or not Madison's Mighty Weekly acknowledges us.

1) Laskin is tired and more or much less committed to just occasionally reviewing alt-country duos at the Cafe Schlomo.

2) Digibot getting into a verbal war with Isthmus will only result in slobbery puppy kisses for everyone!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wied » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:26 pm

No Comment (or is it?)
Wied
Forum Addict

Postby Kenneth Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:36 pm

supaunknown wrote:We've been on the bill for over a month now JJ. You're a paper, so check your facts. Like I said before, Isthmus consistently neglecting to mention our mere presence on killa bills has been going on since 1997. We're fed up ala Fredo.

Hey, we're gonna do the best we can to rock every time we play, regardless of whether or not Madison's Mighty Weekly acknowledges us.

1) Laskin is tired and more or much less committed to just occasionally reviewing alt-country duos at the Cafe Schlomo.

2) Digibot getting into a verbal war with Isthmus will only result in slobbery puppy kisses for everyone!

Just making sure, did you send a press release?
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:53 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:Just making sure, did you send a press release?

Now that I have your attention ...

No (comment). This vague hype thread's been up for awhile though. Do all the bands that get mentioned in your weekly picks send you actual press releases? Is that a standard practice? What does that consist of? Simply an e-mail listing the upcoming haps? Payola? Help us out, we wanna be good.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:09 pm

supaunknown wrote:
Kenneth Burns wrote:Just making sure, did you send a press release?

Now that I have your attention ...

No (comment). This vague hype thread's been up for awhile though. Do all the bands that get mentioned in your weekly picks send you actual press releases? Is that a standard practice? What does that consist of? Simply an e-mail listing the upcoming haps? Payola? Help us out, we wanna be good.

There's no real formula for any of this, but more information is certainly better than less. And the fewer trees killed the better.

BTW, journalists are people, too.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:00 pm

Well alright. I'm convinced that:

1) The 'Bot can and will do a better job communicating in the future. Inner-Isthmus should do the same.

2) "Tom Laskin" doesn't actually exist and therefore can't be held accountable for any neglect we're feeling.

3) Ruffling friendly feathers sucks.

4) We really need to rock tonight.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:01 pm

supaunknown wrote:We really need to rock tonight.

Good, 'cuz I really need to be rocked.

BOT!
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:32 pm

1. You have one show this week.

2. Isthmus has hundreds.

3. Emails are good, we get them from a lot of bands, even the ones who don't seem to care about publicity.

4. Be on Bob Koch's good side. He is a friend of local music.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Hype Exchange