Thanks to everyone who came out last night. What a crazy show, eh? Each act amped up the energy level until it finally reached a bizarre climax with P-Z's human bowling. Whoa. They were definitely a strangely entertaining group. I could've done with less schtick and more rock but there's no denying their showmanship.
SCC&tP impressed the shit out of me. I'd downloaded a few of their songs awhile ago and liked 'em a lot. This was the first time I'd seen SCC&tP live and was very impressived. Good songs, neat arrangements, and excellent showmanship. One of the best bands in town.
* Got to meet foron Stepbrother. The right band would be lucky to have his loyalty and committment.
* Smoked my first cig since quitting a couple weeks ago. It was delicious. Don't worry, I ain't startin' up again.
* Didn't get shiv'd by Tom Laskin or any other Isthmus staffer. My head was on a swivel.
* I think we were the 'straightest' group last night. Debatable I 'spose.
* Big Mike was on fire.
* Gavin ran great sound.
* Got a sweet parking spot in the actual lot.
* Pretty sizable crowd for a weekday (does Thursday night still count as such?). Not sure how much moo we earned. Hopefully one of my 'Bot bros grabbed the coin.
I'd like to offer my heartfelt apology to Tom Laskin for all the angry bullshit I spewed yesterday. I wrongly misplaced a lot of the blame for Isthmus' minor incompetence onto you. I'm really very sorry.