MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Oh, HÀagen-Dazs®! Why have you forsaken me?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

How do you like your ice cream?

A. Hard - you should be able to cut it with a knife
4%
B. Soft - you should be able to climb into a pool full of it
13%
C. Pure - single flavor, no nonsense, thanks!
No votes
D. Loaded - throw some candy in there, maybe some nuts and whatever else strikes yer fancy
4%
E. Both A & C
17%
F. Both A & D
17%
G. Both B & C
13%
H. Both B & D
8%
I. I don't care - just gimme a spoon!
25%

Total votes : 24

Postby Ducatista » Thu May 18, 2006 9:32 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:Keep that friggin' peanut butter outta my ice cream, thanks. Talk about incompatible consistencies.

Have you tried it, hmmmm? Never mind, I know you haven't, or you wouldn't be talking shit about it.

Violet, I haven't seen it in a while, but I geeked out and checked the H-Dasz website and they still list it as a flavor.

Goober Grape is gross but brilliant.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 18, 2006 9:51 am

Ducatista wrote:Have you tried it, hmmmm? Never mind, I know you haven't, or you wouldn't be talking shit about it.

Oh, okay Kreskiin. I guess you fuckin' know everything, huh? What's my favorite color? What's my mother's maiden name?

Of course I've tried it. But when it comes to ice cream, I tend to prefer unadulterated flavors. Not wild about cookie dough. Can deal with the occasional swirl of fudge or whatever, and those gooey brownies are a-okay.

Peanut butter? Meh. Save it for cookies.

I hate raisins in shit too. Nothing sucks like grabbing what you think is a chocolate chip cookie and getting a mouthful of dead fruit. And you may as well bake rat turds in a cake. Who the fuck came up with that abomination?
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu May 18, 2006 10:08 am

Ian Shoales on his favorite color: "I hate colors."

And I hate raisins. Except in meat dishes, once in a while. There used to be an empanada bakery in town, Coquitos, that made beef empanadas with raisins. They were so good. Or are so good? Anybody know if the Coquitos cart is still around? I haven't seen their empanadas in grocery freezers in a long time.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ed Breakfast » Thu May 18, 2006 10:26 am

I loved those things. Raisins and green olives. Mmmmm. Unfortunately, I haven't seen 'em around in years.

I like raisins on my cereal in the morning, too. I'm especially fond of a handful of golden raisins and dried cherries tossed onto a bowl of flakes and bathed in vanilla soy milk.
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Thu May 18, 2006 11:22 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:
Ducatista wrote:Have you tried it, hmmmm? Never mind, I know you haven't, or you wouldn't be talking shit about it.

Of course I've tried it. But when it comes to ice cream, I tend to prefer unadulterated flavors. Not wild about cookie dough. Can deal with the occasional swirl of fudge or whatever, and those gooey brownies are a-okay.

Peanut butter? Meh. Save it for cookies.

Normally I would agree with you 100%. But the PB in this flavor of ice cream is of a different consistency than actual PB. It's more like a PB caramel in texture, very smooth, not sticky or chunky. I'm normally not a huge fan of PB in general, but this HD ice cream is da shiznit.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All