MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Keep it simple: Falk or Lautenschlager?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Who are you voting for in the Democratic primary?

Kathleen Falk
21%
Peg Lautenschlager
63%
Someone else
1%
I haven't made up my mind yet
11%
I'm voting in another party's primary instead
3%
I won't be voting at all
1%

Total votes : 72

Postby Jay Allen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:55 am

Falk, because I have yet to identify anything Peg has done to describe her as a "effective", "teriffic", or even a "good" Attorney General.
Jay Allen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:00 am

Peg, because I can forgive the DUI, she's been effective notwithstanding assertions to the contrary, and the DUI is Falk's only rationale for running.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby om » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:29 am

Have any of you ever talked to Kathleen?
I have.
There is no real person there. If there ever was one, it's gone now.
It's all just shiny, happy veneer with boilerplate smiles, and market-tested, snappy responses. I tried to rhetorically pierce the armor, but no luck. I just got stock response #32.
om
Forum Addict

Postby Jay Allen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:20 am

om wrote:Have any of you ever talked to Kathleen?
I have.
It's all just shiny, happy veneer with boilerplate smiles, and market-tested, snappy responses. I tried to rhetorically pierce the armor, but no luck. I just got stock response #32.
I have had several very interesting conversations with her. I am sorry you did not have the same. I agree that she is a polished politician. But there is still a real person there. It may just take a bit to get to her, I guess.
Jay Allen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:51 am

Jay Allen wrote:
I have.
I have had several very interesting conversations with her. I am sorry you did not have the same. I agree that she is a polished politician. But there is still a real person there. It may just take a bit to get to her, I guess.

May I please change my vote to Kathleen? Until now, I thought she was an alien, cleverly disguised as a real person, with the sole intent to take over Wisconsin and turn it into a docking station for other Falkians to slip in uawares in an effort to attack the US. I guess I now have to redirect my angst to the Axis of Evil.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bellwether » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:41 pm

So I'm reading the Cap Times and I see this:

Two years ago, she said: "Peg has worked hard for Wisconsin's citizens as our attorney general. She has been aggressive, effective and fair in pursuing cases involving environmental violations, criminal investigations, public records and open meetings, among others. She has admitted, discussed, apologized for, and provided restitution for her OWI arrest. The Ethics Board decision notes that she did not act dishonestly or deceptively with regard to her use of a state automobile. I strongly support her work as attorney general. I think it's time to move on and let the attorney general focus on fighting crime, protecting citizens and safeguarding our environment."

Gracious! Who said that? Someone working for Peg, right?!

Wrong. That quote is from Katie Falk herself.

This is the polar opposite of the subject of her negative ad that's running everywhere BUT Madison. Make up your mind, Katie (she doesn't go by Kathleen anywhere but Madison, either).

The story from which I quote, above: http://www.madison.com/tct/opinion/edit ... ntid=97528

The commercial you won't see on Madison TV: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EiK4bPtOyt4
Bellwether
Forum Addict

Postby Like_Stink » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:09 am

Falk.

Though I don't really care about the DUI. Or her inability to take responsibility for it in any real way. Or her attempt to label Fond du Lac her headquarters to avoid paying for her commute. Or the two reported hit-and-runs, one of which took place in her own driveway. Or.......no, I really don't care. I just prefer Falk.
Like_Stink
Forum Addict

Postby Genie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:22 pm

I already voted absentee. I wrote in Ralph Nader. :mrgreen:
Genie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:38 pm

No, but her pre-recorded voice was yammering some crap at me yesterday afternoon. On my voicemail, no less, so I actually paid for the call to hear that shit.

Fucking hate those soul-sucking messages. One more notch in the Peg column right there.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

AG

Postby mole » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:45 pm

Vote Peg!
I know that I am not the only one out there who believes that AG actually stands for "Aspiring Govenor" :shock:
mole

Postby hershinmad » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:56 am

I'll vote for Kathy. My opinion is that she should have offered the gov her resignation. If she gets the nod, repugs are gonna savage her.
hershinmad
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government