MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Circuit City To Close 69 Stores and Ky. Distribution Center

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Circuit City To Close 69 Stores and Ky. Distribution Center

Postby MadMind » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:41 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17043728/
"Circuit City Stores Inc., the nationâ??s No. 2 consumer electronics retailer, said Thursday it plans to close seven domestic Superstores, a Kentucky distribution center and 62 company-owned stores in Canada to cut costs and improve its financial performance."
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:33 am

Obviously Best Buy is #1. It doesn't sound as though the Madison Circuit City will be closing. I think I've only bought one thing from Circuit City ever, and that was just some computer memory they had on sale. If the Madison location did close, however, what would be a good store to take it's place in that building? Personally, I'd love to see a CompUSA there so we'd have an east side location.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby meowzamusic » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 pm

I guess you're just what I needed...
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:55 am

The few times a year I need to go to one of these stores, it's always circuit city. Unfortunately, the fact that their business is slow is what I love about them. While the ugly masses are standing in line, ten deep, to check out, I'm walking right up to an empty register. When best buy is consistently out of their sale items, circuit city never is. You buy a bigger item and it is pulled and put on the conveyor belt and sitting by the door for you in a couple of minutes. It's a clean, efficient operation. I have never understood the popularity of best buy over circuit city, but like I said, that's part of the appeal of the place.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:03 am

i totally agree with narco. i just bought my hdtv at circcuit city. i always wind up buying my biggest purchases there. they consistently have better prices, awesome sales.
i used to go to best buy a lot but over the last year i've found their prices to be anything but a bargain. and the store is a sloppily run shithole.

i'm talking westside here, for both cc and bb.

and don't get me started on compusa, total rip off joint for everything except cd cases.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cristobal » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:02 am

I stopped going to CC because of the salespeople. I don't like that oozy salesguy "helping" me unless I really need it (which is seldom). I heard they changed this a while back though maybe.

Best Buy is ass but at least they don't bother you too much. Of course nobody there knows squat about anything and it's always kind of a dump. I go there basically to check out stuff in person then I order it cheaper on the net.

Cristobal
cristobal
Forum Addict

Postby Slick Willy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:29 pm

I've never been a big fan of Best Buy either. Whenever they have something on sale, there's always another store with a little bit better sale. I agree that Circuit City has better prices because I go online to compare prices between BB, CC, CompUSA, Staples, Office Max and Office Depot when I need/want something. CompUSA usually has better prices than BB too, and their sales people actually have an idea of what they're talking about, so I'm not sure why someone would hate them so much. What's the beef?
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby depinmad » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:32 pm

their west side store is a shithole, their employees know nothing. and their "sales" and "manager's specials" are a complete con.
other than that it's great.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:53 pm

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 am

I started a thread on this here.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games