MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, November 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Chicken Wings

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Chicken Wings

Postby Lily » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:17 pm

I love chicken wings but like to stay away from fried foods. Here's a recipe that is baked, easy to make, and is really good!! Feeds a lot of visiting munchers.

2 lbs chicken wings tips removed.
Spray baking pan with oil and put wings on baking sheet. Bake in oven at 425 degrees. After 30-35 minutes flip wings over so both sides can brown. After an hour remove from oven.

In a large bowl add a huge dollop of your choice of wing sauce (buffalo, bbq, chinese bbq, your homemade preference, whatever). Toss in wings and stir to coat. Buffalo wings are normally served with celery sticks & blue cheese dressing but you may want to choose another dip depending on your sauce. Provide LOTS of napkins. Don't forget the brew.

Got this recipe from the back of a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce but you can add whatever sauce you like.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cattyr » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Mentioned this in the grocery thread, but do try Marzetti's Buffalo Blue Cheese dressing, yowza!
cattyr
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 pm

I have been doing this for years. But don't you put them back in the oven for a bit AFTER you've coated with sauce? I do. It bakes the sauce on so it's not quite so messy. (But then I also have an extra bowl of sauce for dipping.)
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Chicken Wings

Postby Lily » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:06 pm

cattyr wrote:Mentioned this in the grocery thread, but do try Marzetti's Buffalo Blue Cheese dressing, yowza!

Wow. That Marzetti's dressing is really good. Thanks!!
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Chicken Wings

Postby Lily » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:10 pm

aaron wrote:I have been doing this for years. But don't you put them back in the oven for a bit AFTER you've coated with sauce? I do. It bakes the sauce on so it's not quite so messy. (But then I also have an extra bowl of sauce for dipping.)

Actually, the recipe I had said to coat and then eat, but maybe 15 minutes back in the oven would improve the flavor. Not worried about the messy part. Like ribs, getting messy is all a part of the fun. That's why they made finger bowls and bibs.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Cooking & Food issues