MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, July 12, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Simpsons Pub Quiz w/OuttaToons! Mar 11 Best. Pub Quiz. Ever.

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Can't get to my e-mail while at work ...

And the country's safe for another day.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:Can't get to my e-mail while at work ...

And the country's safe for another day.

Joo said it, mang.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jesse Russell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 pm

There is a two person team looking for a couple of members. Contact me and I will hook you up.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Jesse Russell » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:56 am

Registration closed. There is no way we can take anymore teams and keep it a manageable event. Don't worry, Montmartre has already asked us to do this again based on pre-reg so expect a Simpsons pub quiz right before the film's releasein July and a general Pop Culture Quiz of Awesomeness in late May (we hope).

We do have one team with two players and they are looking for a couple of other players.

Your Quizmaster.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:57 am

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it in today's Wisconsin State Journal

And don't forget, it's an hour later than you might think it is!! (for example, I posted this at Noon, not 11:00, like the Forum thinks.)
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby monsterface » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:09 pm

THAT ARTICLE IS FUCKING COOL AS HELL!
monsterface
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:15 pm

I personally think that the Simpsons Triva game was derived with a strong sense of cynicism. The rules to that game were so ridiculous and the questions so arcane, I think that the designers thought to themselves, "how absurd can we make this game and still have people try to play it?"
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:37 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:I personally think that the Simpsons Triva game was derived with a strong sense of cynicism.

I personally think the rules were derived randomly, possibly by trained meerkats. Chuck and I once tried to play that thing and initially found the rules to be a masssive chore just to decipher. Once we figured'em out, it become readily apparent that they were the worst rules ever devised (although a recent attempt at the Law and Order board game with my wife may force me to knock The Simpsons Trivia Game down to second place.)
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:44 pm

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/enterta ... timgnum=n1
Looks like the WSJ got your band's name by copying and pasting from my last email!
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jesse Russell » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:I personally think that the Simpsons Triva game was derived with a strong sense of cynicism.

I personally think the rules were derived randomly, possibly by trained meerkats. Chuck and I once tried to play that thing and initially found the rules to be a masssive chore just to decipher. Once we figured'em out, it become readily apparent that they were the worst rules ever devised (although a recent attempt at the Law and Order board game with my wife may force me to knock The Simpsons Trivia Game down to second place.)

Have no fear! After finding most of the questions tedious as well as three errors and at least one misspelling (uhm...hello... Stampy the Elephant not Stompy), I threw all of the trivia questions out and had my personal army of butler monkeys create all new questions. Four hours and counting. Please be prompt.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 pm

So who won already?

I had to leave before the final announcement. Some of us have to work in the morning, ya know...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bobbyray » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I hope somebody already thought of inventing the Flaming Momo for this event, because if nobody thought of that ahead of time than everybody is stupid?
bobbyray
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:35 pm

bobbyray wrote:I hope somebody already thought of inventing the Flaming Momo for this event, because if nobody thought of that ahead of time than everybody is stupid?

No. Rather than renaming something from The Simpsons after the venue, the venue was renamed in honor of The Simpsons (Cafe Moemartre).

I was guilty of a little goodnatured drunken heckling, but I will go out on a limb now and say that no one from the organizational side was stupid on this one. A good event all around.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jesse Russell » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for making this the best pub quiz ever. Nineteen teams competed in the end. The winner was team Episode 1F01.

Second was the team featuring Jonathan from Triple M.

Third was a tie between the OuttaToons/Digibot team and the team called I Voted 4 Kodos (not the band).

Special thanks to Schabow, Nate, and...uhm...the girl who I know told me her name but I can't seem to recall (sorry) for all of the shots.

We will be doing this again. :D

I have pictures. Once I get them off of my camera I'll put them somewhere for everyone to see.
Jesse Russell
Forum Addict

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:54 pm

bobbyray wrote:I hope somebody already thought of inventing the Flaming Momo for this event, because if nobody thought of that ahead of time than everybody is stupid?

Well, besides what BookPolice already said, I also sang "... let's all go to Flaming Momo's" during The OuttaToons set, narrowly avoiding being stupid. Whew! That was a close one ...
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Hype Exchange