MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Technology makes us rude

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Technology makes us rude

Postby Lily » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 pm

el guante wrote:talk all you want on your cell phone, as long as your conversation is interesting. most people are just so dull, and that has nothing to do with technology.

RARELY is a cell phone conversation interesting. Most conversations are dulll, mundane, boring, intrusive....
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Technology makes us rude

Postby Oprah » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Lily wrote:
el guante wrote:talk all you want on your cell phone, as long as your conversation is interesting. most people are just so dull, and that has nothing to do with technology.

RARELY is a cell phone conversation interesting. Most conversations are dulll, mundane, boring, intrusive....

Rarely is any conversation interesting. Hell, most of life is dull, mundane, boring, uninteresting, tedious, humdrum, dreary, insipid, droning. Shit, gotta run. Steadman and I have sex scheduled for 9 sharp.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 pm

dry, monotonous, repetitive, very dull, limp, mind numbing, lackluster, soggy, saggy, cyclical, very dull, wilted, uninspiring, apathetic, floppy, undistinguished, lifeless, non-boner inducing
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DedeTate » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:42 pm

Most people who talk on cell phones in public places talk into their cell phones like they're talking to their 90 year old great-grandfather.

This afternoon on the #38 bus, there was an older lady seated up front who was yelling all the way from Capitol Square to Division Street. I looked around and everyone else seemed as miserable about it as I was - normally I would say something but I couldn't see a cell phone, so I assumed that she was yelling to herself (it sounded non-sensical, and she had wild hair). As I got off the bus, I saw that she actually had one of those hands-free devices on. And I missed my chance to tell her to quiet down!
DedeTate
Forum Addict

Re: Technology makes us rude

Postby Ducatista » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:22 am

Lily wrote:RARELY is a cell phone conversation interesting. Most conversations are dulll, mundane, boring, intrusive....

As are most posts.

(just workin the thread title)
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All