MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Capitol Heat and Power
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 23.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Rove "Busted"!

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:06 pm

The Tolerator wrote:Your choice, Bitch.

I say Rove walks away smelling like a rose.

So anything other than that and I win? A formal congressional rebuke and I win? Game fucking on, pal!

Are you a drinker? 'Cause booze is a fitting prize, seeing I'll be celebrating with large amounts of it when the news comes down that Rove is shaking hands with his own ass cheeks.

What's your poison? I'm a bourbon or vodka man--strictly top-shelf, mind you. So a liter of Grey Goose for me if I win, and ... well, I realize we're entering Fantasyland here, but what if you're proven correct?

By the way, what's the timeframe on this? End of Bush's term?
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:Your choice, Bitch.

I say Rove walks away smelling like a rose.

So anything other than that and I win? A formal congressional rebuke and I win? Game fucking on, pal!

Are you a drinker? 'Cause booze is a fitting prize, seeing I'll be celebrating with large amounts of it when the news comes down that Rove is shaking hands with his own ass cheeks.

What's your poison? I'm a bourbon or vodka man--strictly top-shelf, mind you. So a liter of Grey Goose for me if I win, and ... well, I realize we're entering Fantasyland here, but what if you're proven correct?

By the way, what's the timeframe on this? End of Bush's term?

I'm not a drinker, so pick something else. I think that the end of Bush's term is a fine timeframe. I doubt there would be any point in going past it, but I am open to it.

How are we going to remember our wager? That's a long time, since we have to wait for our next POTUS to take office for me to win.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:32 pm

The Tolerator wrote:I'm not a drinker, so pick something else.

Fair enough. I'm trying to think of something particularly Foron-appropriate, but so far I've got nothing. Maybe we should open it up to a new thread for suggestions and pick one we can agree upon.

How are we going to remember our wager? That's a long time, since we have to wait for our next POTUS to take office for me to win.

Oh, I'll remember. You'll be lucky if your boy makes it through the spring.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:
The Tolerator wrote:I'm not a drinker, so pick something else.

Fair enough. I'm trying to think of something particularly Foron-appropriate, but so far I've got nothing. Maybe we should open it up to a new thread for suggestions and pick one we can agree upon.

Oh, I'll remember. You'll be lucky if your boy makes it through the spring.

I think opening a new thread for suggestions could be a laugh riot. Do it Bitch.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:45 pm

The Tolerator wrote:I think opening a new thread for suggestions could be a laugh riot. Do it Bitch.

Well, I'll do it anyway. Only because it'll get a lot more attention if I post it.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:15 pm

The Tolerator wrote:
AlphaLiberal wrote:Schick rocks.

as The Tolerator's Bitch

I just want us all to remember where we were when we first saw this post. It was Foron History.

And yet - somehow - the history of the world...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:35 pm

Don't know why it's history. I've long thought Schick rocks.

Hey, Tollerator, tell us again why you're not over in Iraq fighting in this war you want so much?

Lack the courage of your positions?
AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby The Tolerator » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:29 pm

AlphaLiberal wrote:Don't know why it's history. I've long thought Schick rocks.

Hey, Tollerator, tell us again why you're not over in Iraq fighting in this war you want so much?

Lack the courage of your positions?

We can't all serve on the military, who would pay the taxes that help us all support our troops. Not to mention all the democrats on the dole. I've got to keep this economy going. I'm doing as much as I can. What are you doing?
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:33 pm

Hey Alpha, why didn't you sign up for "human shield duty"? What an idiotic attempt to stifle an argument.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:42 pm

The Tolerator wrote:We can't all serve on the military ...

What's the matter? Got a boil on your ass or something?

Is it even possible for a boil on the ass of society such as you to have a boil on his ass?

Have I just stumbled upon a new Zen koan?
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:44 pm

The Tolerator wrote:Wishful thinking.

Karl stops by and asks a question about the process and suddenly he is the middle of a fire storm? I don't think so.

Haven't you figured it out yet, Karl is too smart to break the laws or have any ethics issues.

The dems keep licking their chops trying to find some, but nothing sticks.

Keep trying.

Nixon thought that too.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlphaLiberal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Hey Alpha, why didn't you sign up for "human shield duty"? What an idiotic attempt to stifle an argument.

Hey, Nettles, I'm not trying to stifle an argument.

I'm simply suggesting that all you desktop warriors should stop urging violence on other people and show the simple decency to step up and do your own fighting.

But that would take courage. Instead, you guys just want someone else to do the fighting for you. You're like the punk who starts a fight and then hides behind his big buddy.

Me, Trollerator? Iâ??m not urging war after war. Iâ??ve opposed the invasion and occupation. So why the hell would I go fight in it?
AlphaLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government