MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

I need a recommendation for a vet

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Postby AmyW » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 pm

We've been very happy with Northside Animal Hospital on Sherman Ave. The prices are very reasonable. I believe we got a "discount" for taking both of our cats in at the same time. We were only charged for one office visit, anyway.
Shortly before Christmas, one of our cats got sick from something and they were able to see him 15 minutes after I called. And they split the bill so that we didn't have to pay the whole thing at one time. He had to stay overnight and have a lot of tests run, so that was a bit expensive.
AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bailey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:20 am

Petinary is terrible! They tried to tell me my 4-year old dog had growing pains when he had Lyme's disease and put a cast on his leg. Truesdell is great! A little pricey but worth it.
Bailey

Postby sitnspin » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Oregon Vet Clinic, very reasonable, professional, been going over ten years. I live on the near-East side and it takes me 20 minutes or less to get there... http://www.oregonvetclinic.com/
sitnspin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:51 pm

To the original poster: I also have been going to Steve Erickson as All Pets in Middleton for 9 years. I started going to him when I lived in Middleton. Five years ago, I moved 45 miles out of town. I still drive all that way on Saturday mornings when I need to go to the vet rather than even try finding anyone in my home area that I trust even half as much.

So driving from the east side to the west side seems a small inconvenience to me.
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe