MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 31.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Thanks for the trash

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Thanks for the trash

Postby Handy Smurf » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:21 am

I have no idea what concert was at the Orpheum last night, but it must have been attended by a large percentage of douchebags, since this morning that block of State Street had more litter on it than I can ever remember seeing. Nice.
Handy Smurf
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:03 am

Umphrey's McGee.

That likely means plenty of 16-22 jam band kids who got to town early and stayed late hanging around outside with their pals.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 am

WTF?
Jam band reggae wannabe deadhead hippie tree hugging pothead nature pagan wiccan free spirits littered?
I bet they don't take showers, either.
And the bands' tour bus is probably dumping poop off a bridge right now.
Good thing they weren't urban hiphop gangsta rapper fans who would have left the street strewn with dead bodies.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:28 pm

I avoid State St. unless I have a specific destination, because I feel like I've wandered into a tourist trap.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:56 pm

blunt wrote:WTF?
Jam band reggae wannabe deadhead hippie tree hugging pothead nature pagan wiccan free spirits littered?
I bet they don't take showers, either.
And the bands' tour bus is probably dumping poop off a bridge right now.
Good thing they weren't urban hiphop gangsta rapper fans who would have left the street strewn with dead bodies.

Can we put some of those coldblooded rap killers in the same room with the jam band fans?

'Cause I think that would work out really well for everyone.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:03 pm

christopher_robin wrote:Can we put some of those coldblooded rap killers in the same room with the jam band fans?

'Cause I think that would work out really well for everyone.

I'd pay good money to see this spectacle. You can start it all off by throwing a T-bone steak at the hippies and scream: "The meat eaters did it!"
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Jam band fans ain't hippies. But don't let the truth get in the way of some kind of anti-vegetarian rant or whatever.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I avoid State St. unless I have a specific destination, because I feel like I've wandered into a tourist trap.

Man oh man, tell me about it! What happened to State Street? Yeah, it used to be little rough around the edges but it had character. Now it's all Disney and corporate. I mean, I know attracting tourists is good for the city, but shouldn't we show them a real taste of TRUE urban life? After all, that's supposedly what they come to Madison for. But instead we give the tourists some watered-down, theme park version of urbanity. And they lap that shit up. Whole-fucking-heartedly. Yessireee, they sure do. Oh well, I stay away from it, and I don't even take out of town guests there. Some of them are disappointed when I tell them I'm not taking them there, since of course when they think "Madison" one of the first things they think of is State Street. I explain to them that I'm going to show them MY Madison, the REAL Madison, and at the end of the tour they're rarely disappointed.
Last edited by Sheppy on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm

I was driving past around 9:30 and noticed a fire truck and two or three buses blocking off the street. Any ideas? Someone drop their lighter while toking?
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:29 pm

jjoyce wrote:But don't let the truth get in the way of some kind of anti-vegetarian rant or whatever.

It's cool. I'll save that energy for media outlets who misconstrue MTI's relationship with the school board.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:08 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:It's cool. I'll save that energy for media outlets who misconstrue MTI's relationship with the school board.

Try to stay focused, Pulse, will ya?

Your Adderall is calling, kiddo.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:22 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:It's cool. I'll save that energy for media outlets who misconstrue MTI's relationship with the school board.

Sweet MTI burn. You totally pwn3d me.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 pm

jjoyce wrote:Jam band fans ain't hippies. But don't let the truth get in the way of some kind of anti-vegetarian rant or whatever.

I don't know how veggies got brought into this.
But the word "wannabe" stretches out omnidirectionally.
Much respect.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Thusnelda wrote:I was driving past around 9:30 and noticed a fire truck and two or three buses blocking off the street. Any ideas? Someone drop their lighter while toking?

Maybe one of them had 5-alarm patchouli stink sasquatch B.O. smell that set off the fire alarm by mistake.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe