MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Easter Sunday in Milwaukee

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Easter Sunday in Milwaukee

Postby is it hot in here? » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:23 pm

Any suggestions for a good restaurant in the downtown area, or on the way to downtown from Madison? Brunch would be good, but lunch is fine too-we'll be there to see a play that starts at 2:00. Lots of places seem to be closed that day. Thanks
is it hot in here?

Re: Easter Sunday in Milwaukee

Postby Sheppy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:27 am

is it hot in here? wrote:Any suggestions for a good restaurant in the downtown area, or on the way to downtown from Madison? Brunch would be good, but lunch is fine too-we'll be there to see a play that starts at 2:00. Lots of places seem to be closed that day. Thanks

Best Sunday brunch: Roots. It's north of downtown on Hubbard Street in the Brewers Hill area. Directions are on their website:

www.rootsmilwaukee.com

This place is muy espensivo for dinner, but their brunch is moderately priced and really, really good.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:19 am

Ask yourself:
After rising from the grave to terrorize society,
Where Would Jesus Eat?
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cattyr » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:54 pm

Looks like Ze Shep has nailed it. Waffle Monte Cristo? That just has my name written all over it.
cattyr
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:21 pm

cattyr wrote:Looks like Ze Shep has nailed it. Waffle Monte Cristo? That just has my name written all over it.

Dude, I always nail it.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:21 pm

You'll probably want to make reservations pretty soon because this place is packed on a normal Sunday. Easter Sunday it will be busy as fuck.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Roots

Postby is it hot in here? » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:33 pm

Thanks, Roots looks like it would be great...but with only 4 of us going, I don't know if we want to risk showing up with no reservation. It says parties of 6 or more can make brunch reservations. Maybe we need to make some new friends.......
is it hot in here?

Postby Sheppy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:12 pm

What you do is this: call in a reservation for six. Show up with four. If they say anything, just tell them the other two got the flu and couldn't come. If they give you a skeptical look raise hell. Get all huffy and puffy and starting cursing real loud, saying you're a regular, loyal customer and they treat you like this. They will then seat you. You will then have them right where you want them. Sit down and act all grouchy to everyone. Complain about everything, and when the food comes send it back. Eat what they bring back to you and demand it free. Walk out of there and enjoy the show.

Or, if its too busy there go Miss Katies. It's the best All-American diner type place in Milwaukee. 19th & Clybourn on the west side, near Marquette University.

Or, you could check out this Sunday brunch guide:

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/dining/artic ... nches.html

Or this'n:

http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/curren ... geID=12512
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Wow

Postby is it hot in here? » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanks for all the info!!! I actually emailed them directly,& not only are they open, but taking reservations of any number. So, it looks like Roots is our place after all....Next time I will wait for a response- they emailed me in a half an hour!
is it hot in here?

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm

Don't forget to tell 'em Sheppy sent you.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews