MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, July 12, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Excellent racism

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:43 pm

evansvillehousewife wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:You didn't just call them "civilized black individuals".

Yes- as opposed to the depiction apelike, halfwit white woman.

Black, and white people, can act uncivilized. White college boys during halloween? Uncivilized behavior. Black folks at a fraternity charity event standing around sipping wine and talking? Civilized behavior.

Try again.

You're right. I'm making up the baggage that term carries. I must be fabricating the problem.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:I hear Richard Prior was a racist too.....oh wait, white chick...that's right...well he was still a racist! Hey housewife, write him a letter.

That's Richard Pryor. And I tend to deal with local issues, since they have more impact. Hell, got you to ruffle your feathers and try to discredit me, didn't it?

Keep going.
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:
evansvillehousewife wrote:Cory Thomas emailed me.... and I emailed him back. The discussion follows.

the housewife

Seriously. How important are you? Cause I've been kicking around this world peace idea and you seem like someone with the know-how and the go-get'em attitude to get that done.

wow.

Danimal

I printed it as a view to this cartoon, and as the artist, he obviously had a very relavant viewpoint.

Not my fault if you can't get shit done and you're jealous.

Way to go vag-hole.

Now please explain to us why we shouldn't laugh when our friends fart.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:I hear Richard Prior was a racist too.....oh wait, white chick...that's right...well he was still a racist! Hey housewife, write him a letter.

That's Richard Pryor. And I tend to deal with local issues, since they have more impact. Hell, got you to ruffle your feathers and try to discredit me, didn't it?

Keep going.

pff. Maybe later. I have a clan meeting to go to. See ya there.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Excellent racism

Postby JMH » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:54 pm

evansvillehousewife wrote:So, what exactly was the point Cory T (the cartoonist) trying to make? That successful black men are race traitors for choosing to make white women their partners? That white women that hang out with black men are trailer park trash? That white women are disgusting, redneck, and to be avoided? That the black woman in the first panel was a racist against race mixing?

How about he was going for a cheap laugh with a sight gag in the last panel and you're completely blowing it out of proportion? Yeah, that sounds about right.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
JMH

Postby supaunknown » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:34 pm

Ow, my eyes! If we never again gaze upon these cartooned stereotypes of ugly Americana they don't really exist, right?

:idea: Censorship.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:21 pm

Some of my best friends are stereotypes.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:34 am

blunt wrote:Some of my best friends are stereotypes.

Heh. Some of my best friends are cartoons.

Dan Motor

PS. E-ville Hausfrau is still a douche a day later.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:58 am

[quote="Endo Rockstar"] my best friends are... cartoons. ...a douche
[quote]

Color me surprised.

Troll, troll, merrily troll....
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:32 pm

[quote="TheBookPolice".]

You're right. I'm making up the baggage that term carries. I must be fabricating the problem.[/quote]

Even after the lovely racist rant of Kiplinger, I stand by my statement. (yes, I've read The Stranger, as well) and the wikipedia reference to indian tribes (WTF? Does this mean civilized can only be used in reference to caucasians? That would suck, as well as be patronizing to non-caucasians)
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:35 pm

[quote="Endo Rockstar]
I have a clan meeting to go to. [/quote]

It's Klan, you microcephalic abortion of a college student. Nice to know you're a member, but I stand for equality for all ethnic groups.
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:36 pm

(god, are your responses hard to read. you know the "quote" feature is actually built in to TDPF, right? you can just click and go!)

No, what it means is that using the term "civilized," when engaged in a discussion of racial distinctions, is dubious at best, almost always insensitive, and indicative of prejudice at worst.

In short, it's really not a word that should be used in this conversation.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 pm

evansvillehousewife wrote:[

I'm a Scot bitch, I had a family reunion to go to...we usually roast up a pig so I figured I say "hi" to you before you got skewered.

Earth to Commander dipshit. I'm not gonna rationally argue a point with someone who's made it clear that there's not enough room for intellectual argument in the round melon you call a head between your masturbatory ego spasms and the twelve gallons of water putting pressure on your frontal lobe.

Troll my ass. Check you my born on date, butt-munch...way back in 2002. I just keep my mouth shut unless some pig-headed cock-knocker rubs my rhubarb the wrong way.

Go Piss up a rope. Better yet I hear there's a book burning in Richland Center, why don't you call it day trip for the kids...and don't forget to line your pockets with kindling.

done. You suck at life, congratulations.
Last edited by Endo Rockstar on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby monsterface » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:05 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:No, what it means is that using the term "civilized," when engaged in a discussion of racial distinctions, is dubious at best, almost always insensitive, and indicative of prejudice at worst.

In short, it's really not a word that should be used in this conversation.

I agree. After too much early-20th century lit theory, I've come to always hear "civilized" with echoes of what I believe to be its opposite, as "savage". Like the taming of Tarzankind of civilized.
monsterface
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Harriet The Spy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Should have just said he was "clean."
Harriet The Spy
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Town Vibe