MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Fake Irish Guy

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Fake Irish Guy

Postby Leoburt » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:18 am

Does anybody else know who I'm talking about? He's kind of gangly, early to mid 20's, and usually has buzzed hair, and he talks loudly in a bad Irish accent. I know for a fact he is not Irish, because when he worked as a go-fer at the Madison Mallards he did not have the accent. I've seen him several places, including the Shamrock, which I think he might assume is actually a bar for Irish people (when I knew the guy at the Mallards he wasn't too bright, maybe even mildly retarded). He once followed a girl to an invitation-type party I was at, totally creeped her out, and then took a bottle of beer out of the fridge and asked me "Is thas beeerrr?" "yeah" "Oh, cuz I cahn't reeead Anglish." Some of my friends have also run into this guy in the course of their occupations and all had really strange interactions with him. I'm wondering if he is reaching the status of Madison Character--like a young Tunnel Bob or something. If you have run into him, tell your story. Can anyone confirm that he hangs out at the Shamrock on a regular basis?

BTW-We did eventually kick him out of that party.
Leoburt

Postby blunt » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 am

Aagh, I wish I knew.
I would love to throw a party with him, the fake English guy who used to manage Slipper Club, and the fake Welsh shaved head guy who used to be everything from a Virgin executive to Tony Blair's masseuse.
And why do these guys keep showing up at gay-friendly joints?
It would be quite the fauxmosexual event.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:00 am

I have met this guy a couple times. (Not at the Shamrock, mind you.)

I also have heard tell of his false Irish thing, and it wouldn't suprise me if it's true.

--nt--

PS - I sometimes tell people I'm Jewish - people never question it.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:31 pm

There's a guy who frequents Barriques and starbucks on the square who talks at length on his cell phone in the most contrived sounding generic european accent. It could be real but I think I've heard him lose it a couple of times.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Leoburt » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:31 pm

rrnate wrote:PS - I sometimes tell people I'm Jewish - people never question it.

I had a non-Jewish friend who moved to a new city and pretended to be Jewish just to network. It worked: someone at his temple gave him a job.
Leoburt

Postby Marvell » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Leoburt wrote:I had a non-Jewish friend who moved to a new city and pretended to be Jewish just to network. It worked: someone at his temple gave him a job.

So is he still a closeted goy?

Or did he come out to his co-workers?
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Marvell wrote:
Leoburt wrote:I had a non-Jewish friend who moved to a new city and pretended to be Jewish just to network. It worked: someone at his temple gave him a job.

So is he still a closeted goy?

Or did he come out to his co-workers?

Marvell, savin' some good stuff for the weekend!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All