MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

why?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:06 pm

I really, really, hate it, but that's part of the fun of living here. I think what makes it so hard to take is that warm period in the upper 70's a couple of weeks ago. I told anyone who cared to listen (probably no one) that we would be made to pay for that eventually.

April truly is the cruelest month.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Hank_Venison » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Paco wrote:I'm sick of fucking snow.

Then quit fucking it! :lol:
Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Ducatista » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:11 am

I'm amazed at how quickly I readjust. As far as I'm concerned, it's winter now. I was cranking on a project yesterday afternoon and didn't look outside for a few hours. When I finally wandered past the windows at 6:30, I was shocked that it was still light out. S'posed to be dark at 6:30 in winter.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:29 pm

I spent my share of the tax return on a 22" Toro two stroke "Snow Thrower" it worked real nice and even better my back, wrists, elbows, abs and guts don't hurt from stooping over and chucking snow.
Yeah, I feel bad about polluting but I'm 41, we have a huge driveway and expanse of sidewalk, the neighbor is elderly and can't do his anymore and I already lift and shift vast quantities of paper around all day so I think I'm fucking well entitled to a little labor saving device.

On the flip side we were in New O'rleans last week for spring break-still a greatplace to visit-one day was 86 F and Humid-and the hot weather was just getting started. My kid sister routinely ran the air conditioning in her small,cramped (and uncomfortable!) Mazda MX3 sport coupe...So thats the Flip side-I have no plans for moving as of yet.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Hank_Venison wrote:
Paco wrote:I'm sick of fucking snow.

Then quit fucking it! :lol:

Adjective, not the verb.

I didn't even shovel my driveway. Fook it. It'll be gone by monday.
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:14 pm

This far into the thread and no one's blamed Progressive Dane? You fuckers are slipping :lol:
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Bruno wrote:This far into the thread and no one's blamed Progressive Dane? You fuckers are slipping :lol:
The PD cabal whispered into Mike Quieto's ear and reminded him of the loyalty oath he took to them. After reading the secret PD manual, Mike seeded the clouds with silver iodide (patterned after the famous Soviet-era experiments) and caused the snow storm. They then attempted to blame it on Zach Brandon.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:33 am

I thought it was simply because this godless immoral city of junkies and homosexuals wasn't praying for summer hard enough.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 am

Ducatista wrote:... I was shocked that it was still light out. S'posed to be dark at 6:30 in winter.

It is a cool and weirdly unexpected sight. So is the lush, green grass under the receding snow.
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All