MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Maharaja Indian Restaurant

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Maharaja Indian Restaurant

Postby mildsauce04 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:19 pm

Did this place really win award for best Indian restaurant in the city? I was there a few months ago and ordered my chicken vindaloo 'extra spicy'. Vindaloo is, by nature, incredibly spicy. When my dish came out it was completely mild! No bite to it at all! I couldn't believe it. On top of that, the flavor was not up to what I have had at other Indian restaurants in the past. Maybe I'm just spoiled, the first time I ever had Indian food was at a place called India House near Chicago. It is still the best Indian I've ever eaten.
mildsauce04

Postby massimo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:58 pm

Well, good thing you don't live here anymore! Think of us poor Madisonians when you find yourself on Devon St.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 am

Maybe they figured you for a total pussy.

You sure do whine like one.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mildsauce04 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Hey asswipe, I was just commenting on my meal experience there. Maybe the food is tremendous 99% of the time and I just got unlucky. I'm just trying to find out if other people have had better meals there. Thanks for adding something meaningful to the forum, though. I value your opinion. Douchebag.
mildsauce04

Postby massimo » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Hey, this trolling stuff can be pretty fun!
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:29 pm

mildsauce04 wrote:Hey asswipe, I was just commenting on my meal experience there. Maybe the food is tremendous 99% of the time and I just got unlucky. I'm just trying to find out if other people have had better meals there. Thanks for adding something meaningful to the forum, though. I value your opinion. Douchebag.

Heh. Welcome aboard.

And yes, you're both unlucky and a total pussy. Don't worry; everybody's got to be one or the other at least once in their lives.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:34 am

mildsauce04 wrote:Hey asswipe, I was just commenting on my meal experience there. Maybe the food is tremendous 99% of the time and I just got unlucky. I'm just trying to find out if other people have had better meals there. Thanks for adding something meaningful to the forum, though. I value your opinion. Douchebag.

Damn. You blow your daddy with that mouth, pissant?

Your post sure didn't make it sound like you've been satisfied with the place 99% of the time. Probably not good form to seethe so over such a minor bitch regarding a place you'd just as soon see stick around.

Not to mention that expending such effort over one unsatisfactory experience in a hundred is ... well ... pretty fucking frivolous.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Maharaja Indian Restaurant

Postby eriedasch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:22 pm

mildsauce04 wrote:When my dish came out it was completely mild! No bite to it at all!

I've only gone to the Maj for their lunch buffet, but usually very satisfied and overly full when I leave.

Not only do you have more dishes to try than will fit on one plate, they also have hot sauce (it's not Dave's Insanity, but adds a nice kick) and noticed recently they have been putting out fresh/raw sliced hot peppers (jalepeno?) near the salads choices and sauces at the beginning.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mildsauce04 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:

Damn. You blow your daddy with that mouth, pissant?

Your post sure didn't make it sound like you've been satisfied with the place 99% of the time. Probably not good form to seethe so over such a minor bitch regarding a place you'd just as soon see stick around.

Not to mention that expending such effort over one unsatisfactory experience in a hundred is ... well ... pretty fucking frivolous.

Hey bud, just wanted to point out that you might want to work on your critical reading ability. I said that maybe the food was good 99% of the time and that I just caught the restaurant on an off night. I have not personally "been satisfied by the place 99% of the time." I was there once and didn't care much for the food. I also saw that it was rated as the best Indian restaurant in Madison. Therefore, I was just trying to see what other people thought of it. If they like it, I am more inclined to believe that my experience was just an anomaly and maybe I should go back (I love Indian food). In that case yes, my experience may have been one in 100 (you see I have no way of knowing that without getting other people's thoughts - hence the posts). If others don't like the restaurant I would be more likely to think that maybe the food there isn't really that great. Get it? I can explain further if you need me to. Also if you couldn't tell, I wasn't seething over my experience at the restaurant. It was more of being called a pussy. Maybe its possible you also confused me with you regarding blowing your daddy? Certainly not something I'm interested in.[/i]
mildsauce04

Postby towanda » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Mildsauce04, I think you caught the restaurant on a bad night. I've always had good experiences there, but one time my dining companion ordered mild and got spicy.

Have you tried India Darbar on Odana Road? I recently discovered that place. I think it's better than Maharaja, though I eat at both places.
towanda
Forum Addict

Postby mildsauce04 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:03 pm

Never tried it, I'll have to give it a shot!
mildsauce04

Postby Chuck_Schick » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 am

mildsauce04 wrote:Hey bud, just wanted to point out that you might want to work on your critical reading ability.

I'd just like to point out that you need to pop a fucking Xanax, Chachi.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby hulk » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:47 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:
mildsauce04 wrote:Hey bud, just wanted to point out that you might want to work on your critical reading ability.

I'd just like to point out that you need to pop a fucking Xanax, Chachi.

Based on the thread, it sounds like you need to pop one as well, Ralph.
hulk
Forum Addict

Postby Chuck_Schick » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:41 pm

hulk wrote:Based on the thread, it sounds like you need to pop one as well, Ralph.

Well, it's pretty clear to me that our saucy friend here doesn't get my shtick. I thought his initial post was kind of whiny so I took a poke at him. He countered by calling me an asswipe and douchebag.

That's fine. All's fair in war and the Internets. But if this jackass doesn't think I'm going to respond to those charges ... well ... maybe he/she needs to lurk a little longer before throwing his/her hat in the ring.

If you think my feathers have been ruffled in the least by this stupid little spitting match, you're sadly mistaken.

I'll save my Xanax for those moments when I really need it, thanks.

Oh ... and by the way: Blow me, fuckface.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Well, it's pretty clear to me that our saucy friend here doesn't get my shtick.

ITEM! SCHICK'S SLICK SCHTICK TRICKS HICKS QUICK!
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews