MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Know a kitten that needs a good home?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Know a kitten that needs a good home?

Postby jammybastard » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 pm

I had great luck finding a kitten here last time, so I thought I would ask again!
We just lost our 11 yr. grey tabby to pancreatic cancer, and my wife says we should get a kitten so it will have an easier time adjusting to our daughters and the other cats.
So if anyone has kittens, or a friend that does, drop me an email at jammy[at]tangymusic[dot]com.

Thanks!
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Know a kitten that needs a good home?

Postby Hamburgler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm

jammybastard wrote:I had great luck finding a kitten here last time, so I thought I would ask again!
We just lost our 11 yr. grey tabby to pancreatic cancer, and my wife says we should get a kitten so it will have an easier time adjusting to our daughters and the other cats.
So if anyone has kittens, or a friend that does, drop me an email at jammy[at]tangymusic[dot]com.

Thanks!

The Dane County Humane Society has an over run on cats.

Important Cat Adoption Info

Did you know that we have two special programs regarding our adoptable cats?

All older cats (around 7 years of age and older) have 50% off their adoption rate! Consider adopting an older cat from the shelter. They’re great, already trained and have a distinct personality. You can find the perfect match for your lifestyle.

Also, all senior citizens interested in adopting an adult cat receive 50% off the adoption fee. Our knowledgeable staff will help you find the best companion to match your lifestyle.

Just let a front office staff member know you’re interested in one of these two programs and they’ll help walk you through the steps and answer any questions you have

Older cats make just as good of pets as kittens... All kittens become cats.

You could also contact Angel's Wish: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WI99.html
Hamburgler

Postby Oprah » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm flautist who is also looking for some cats. I'll take any pussy I can get. Please contact me at JohnnieWalker@tds.net if you are looking to part ways with your feline.
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Hamburgler » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:37 pm

From the DCHS:

Mark your calendars to join us at Dane County Humane Society THIS Saturday, June 23, 2007 for CATAPALOOZA - a celebration of cats! We will be opening early that day, so doors open at 10:00 a.m. There will be a special cat adoption fair, discounted cat microchipping clinic, games, activities, kitten shower, great raffle prizes, refreshments, and more! Admission is FREE and everyone is welcome.

ADOPTION FAIR
We will offer special rates on cat adoption fees the entire day Saturday only. Adoption fees for adult and senior cats will be reduced by 75%! We will also be offering a special Nanny Cat Adoption Rate - the adoption fee for an adult or senior cat will be waived with the adoption of any kitten.
Adult Cat (6 months or older) Adoption Fee reduced to $15.
Senior Cat (7 years or older) Adoption Fee reduced to $7.50.
Adult "Nanny" Cat and Kitten Adoption Fee reduced to $100 for both!
RAFFLE
There will be a special raffle drawing at Catapalooza. You can purchase tickets now at the main shelter (5132 Voges Road, Madison) or the day of the event for your chance to win! Raffle tickets are on sale for only $2 each or 3 for $5.
Grand Prize - Custom-made cat tree valued at $150
1st Prize - Hand-crafted afghan valued at $75
2nd Prize - Hand-embroidered feline tapestry valued at $30
CAT MICROCHIPPING CLINIC
Dane County Humane Society (DCHS) will hold a special Cat Microchip Clinic at Catapalooza this Saturday, June 23, 2007 from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the main shelter (5132 Voges Road, Madison). The cost is reduced to $20 per cat which includes all microchip registration and fees. For additional information or to register, please contact Julie at 608.838.0413 ext. 128 or jlussier@giveshelter.org. We strongly suggest calling ahead to reserve an appointment, but walk-ins are welcome.

Why should I microchip my pet?
According to the American Humane Association, only 16% of dogs and 2% of cats that end up at animal shelters across the country will be reunited with their families. In March 2005, DCHS began microchipping all adoptable dogs, cats, and rabbits hoping to improve these statistics. Currently, only about 20% of the animals that pass through our doors are microchipped.

What is a microchip?
The microchip is an effective form of permanent identification. It can be used in any kind of animal at any age and will last an animal's lifetime. The chip is slightly larger than a grain of rice and is placed just under the skin. An anti-migration cap helps prevent movement within the pet's body. Each chip is encoded with a unique and unalterable identification code that can only be activated when read by a scanner.

Does a microchip hurt the animal?
The process is similar to a vaccination and most animals do not react when the microchip is implanted. Most pets only feel a slight and immediate pinch-like sensation. Once implanted the microchip remains just beneath the skin for the animal's lifetime - a permanent form of identification.

Responsible pet owners do not expect to lose their pet. But accidents and unforeseen circumstances happen all the time. A missing pet can become your worst nightmare. Microchipping provides an easy and effective solution to the problem. Chip your pet today!

Hamburgler

Return to Catch All