MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Should Madison get a Belgian beer bar?

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Should Madison get a Belgian beer bar?

Yeah! 10% alc. Trippel makes me work better.
5
38%
Sure, if they have local Belgian style beers on tap too.
2
15%
Don't Monks make Belgian beer? I'm for separation of beer and religion.
0
No votes
Belgium is old Europe - gimme a Czech beer bar.
1
8%
Only if they put bacon in their frites.
1
8%
What's wrong with Bud?
4
31%
 
Total votes : 13

Re: Should Madison get a Belgian beer bar?

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:36 pm

doddles wrote:Madison lacks a bar that specializes in Belgian beers. Should it get one?

Then there is this posting for jobs in a Belgian beer bar (which was part of a discussion that was lost when TDPF went down earlier today).

So what do you know and when did you know it?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19883
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:22 am

A small article in today's Wis. State Journal says it will be called the Brasserie V, Neighborhood Eatery & Tap Room (now that's a mouthful) and is scheduled to open on Friday.

"The casual, European-influenced neighborhood brasserie will serve lunch and dinner and feature Belgian beers, handcrafted micro brews and European wines."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 19883
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:56 am

There's a Belgian beer bar in Milwaukee called the Palm Tavern. Their beer menu is actually a binder. It's a good place.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Paco » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 pm

Is Von Triers still open?
Paco
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7533
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:41 am
Location: Whoville

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:28 pm

Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:34 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:37 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm

Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.


Well, thank you for saying thank you and you're welcome. And, as always, you're welcome.
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Earthy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.


Well, thank you for saying thank you and you're welcome. And, as always, you're welcome.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.


Well, thank you for saying thank you and you're welcome. And, as always, you're welcome.


?

What?
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Postby Sheppy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.


Well, thank you for saying thank you and you're welcome. And, as always, you're welcome.


?

What?


You didn't say thank you.
Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Madison

Postby Earthy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:46 pm

Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Earthy wrote:
Sheppy wrote:
Paco wrote:Is Von Triers still open?


Yes.


Thanks, Sheppy.


You're welcome.


Thank you for saying you're welcome.


You're welcome, and thank you for saying thank you.


Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you again for saying thank and for saying you're welcome.


Well, thank you for saying thank you and you're welcome. And, as always, you're welcome.


?

What?


You didn't say thank you.


Well YOU didn't say you're welcome.
Earthy
Senior Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar