MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
sweet corn sign
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Pearl Jam closes Lollapalooza...

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Pearl Jam closes Lollapalooza...

Postby jammybastard » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 pm

I directed this show, as well as the rest of the sets at the AT&T Stage this past weekend for the webcast/broadcast/Imag screens.
PJ played a barn burning set, as did other Sunday AT&T Stage acts like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and My Morning Jacket.
Here's a couple from PJ's set:
Do the Evolution
Corduroy

It's really cool to see these clips getting out and fans trading the wecast of the show because you know you've made it when your work shows up on YouTube!

There's plenty of an shot vids from Lolla 2007 up on YouTube as well, including some of the webcast content if you are interested.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:19 am

Good job! Wish I had been there to see it.
ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 am

Looks like the lighting people didn't do you any favors. They went to black way too often for you to stick with shots.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:38 pm

yeah, the lighting was tough. Very strange when the best lit spot onstage is the drum kit.
Still a great show though.

Here's a link to the person who is sharing the whole show via YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/0Mandarina0
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby EastSideTom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 am

Too bad your work was censored by your corporate overlords....the same folks who are lobbying fiercely to change Wisconsin's cable TV regulations:
www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ch ... 7615.story
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:21 am

yeah, I've been following that.

As I was directing the show I said out loud, "I wonder if they will carry this?"
I wasn't talking about the lines they censored, but Vedder's introduction of an Iraqi war vet, and his speech to the crowd. That was more damning of the administration than the two lines added to "Daughter" that they cut.

If you watched the webcast you'll notice that I had my cameras shoot the "No War" signs in the crowd alot as well as the Standard Oil building during "Don't Go BP-Amoco".

While AT&T owned up the their mistake, there's no doubt that the issue of "net neutrality" is a critcal one, and this *mistake* emphasizes why.

BTW - nice try on the "corporate overlords" slight.
You can go twist on a pole for that weak insult you idiot because I don't work for AT&T. I work for the promoter, C3, and they were not involved in the censoring at all.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby EastSideTom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Why is it so often necessary, in the midst of a serious discussion, to call someone an idiot?
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:48 pm

EastSideTom wrote:Why is it so often necessary, in the midst of a serious discussion, to call someone an idiot?

Eh?
You insulted me first cowboy.
Next time re-read your posts before hitting "submit".
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AmyW » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:43 pm

So, Jammy, did you see any other shows? We were only able to make it on Saturday, so I'd be interested to hear how the bands were on Fri and Sun, too.
AmyW
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 pm

AmyW wrote:So, Jammy, did you see any other shows? We were only able to make it on Saturday, so I'd be interested to hear how the bands were on Fri and Sun, too.

I saw everything at the AT&T Stage, and I watched !!! and The Hold Steady at the MySpace stage.

Friday was the slowest day for me, all the acts were good but nobody I was crazy about.
The best of the bunch was Ghostland Observatory.

Sat. was Silverchair, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Muse which were excellent. I love the YYYs. The whole band, not just Karen. They've grown so much and are fantastic live.
Sunday was my favorite day.
Lupe Fiasco, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, and Pearl Jam were all fantastic.

I'm working during all this so it all goes by me pretty quick so I'm sorry I'm not more detailed in my comments.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Cheap 5.0M PIXEL USB 4 LED PC CAMERA WEBCAM

Postby agoodic » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Cheap. 5.0M PIXEL USB 4 LED PC CAMERA WEBCAM However, good quality and convenient to use. Oh agoodic can come and see.
agoodic

Return to TV