MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

MADISONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL (formerly known as ISTHMUSICIDE)

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

What are your favorite alternate names for this event?

UP FROM THE UNDERGROUND
6%
MADIMONIUM
33%
THE OTHER PARTY
11%
MENDOTALYMPICS
22%
PARK IT IN THE PARTY
22%
LIVE LOVE LIVE
6%

Total votes : 18

MADISONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL (formerly known as ISTHMUSICIDE)

Postby P-Ray » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:31 pm

Greetings Forons:

I have completed and submitted all applications (thank you very much!) to the Madison City Parks Dept. for the festival formerly known as "ISTHMUSICIDE." Whew! And that's only the beginning. Now I need to contact Alderperson Brenda Konkel and the Old Marketplace Association for their approval, submit a one page document explaining the event by Monday, then appear in person at the next Parks Commission meeting, scheduled for April 14th. So far, so good.

I went through the former thread titled "ISTHMUSICIDE" and pulled the names of the bands that indicated a desire to participate. We plan on having twenty bands on two stages in James Madison Park. The requested date is Saturday, August 21st, with the 22nd as a rain date. It isn't too late to nominate a band for consideration. Here are the bands that have already expressed interest:

1.) Mae Rae
2.) The Treats
3.) Shotdown
4.) Droids Attack
5.) Brainerd
6.) Echo-Static
7.) No Maas!
8.) New Recruits
9.) His and Hers Vanities
10.) Transformer Lootbag
11.) Bongzilla
12.) Skintones
13.) American Death
14.) Headpump
15.) The Shivers
16.) Arena Venus
17.) Flat Atom
18.) Screamin' Cyn Cyn & The Pons
19.) Sunspot
20.) Tangy
21.) The Motorz
22.) 715
23.) Theramones
24.) Tin Ceiling
25.) Jimmy's Comet
26.) The Have Nots
27.) Apparently Nothing
28.) The Randy Cliffs
29.) PROLE
30.) Raggedy
31.) Deception

As I mentioned, please feel free to nominate any bands that you all feel should be considered for this event, or you may feel have been left out. The selection process will begin as soon as I receive final approval from the City. Won't it be something if we can actually pull this off? Let's get kicking!

Love,

P-Ray

P.S. Blunt came up with the name for this event, so make sure to thank him when next you meet. He came up with a few other great ideas which I have included in the poll question. It's too late to change the name of the event, but I'm curious to see what you all think of Blunt's other submissions. Vote early and vote often.
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:37 pm

Madapalooza?
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bobbyray » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:38 pm

And not a single one of the names ends with -palooza. Very impressive.
bobbyray
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:39 pm

bobbyray wrote:And not a single one of the names ends with -palooza. Very impressive.

Ouch!
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby princessmidwest » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:23 pm

Underture
princessmidwest
Forum Addict

Postby jt smack » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:20 pm

awesome car funmaker would like to express their interest in this event.. if its not too late. i missed the original thread.. doh!
jt smack
Forum Addict

Postby P-Ray » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:45 pm

jt smack wrote:awesome car funmaker would like to express their interest in this event.. if its not too late. i missed the original thread.. doh!

Awesome! Pun prosaically intended. Your name has been added to the list. Let the bribery begin.
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby blunt » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:49 pm

This is going to be the best summer ever.

(I say that every year just in case I get it right.)
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buffali_tyvek » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:26 pm

The Buffali would like be on the list, too! We're fairly new, but have played the Anchor and Nottingham co-op and shit and soon we'll rock the UW battle of the bands. :o
buffali_tyvek

Postby Jeribelle » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:39 pm

I would nominate Sailor Harlette.

And Splyne Drive too. They kick all ass live.

This is gonna be some damn good times. Will mass amounts of liquor be involved, or is it strictly sandwiches and sodas? Only time will tell....

-Jeri
Jeribelle
Forum Addict

another late comer

Postby stormywaters » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:20 am

Is it too late for the Driftless Pony Club to be on the list? Didn't know about this either.
stormywaters

Postby P-Ray » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:05 am

Greetings All:

This weekend I was able to secure the support of Alderperson Brenda Konkel and Old Marketplace Association President Lee Christianson for the Madisonic Music Festival. Yahoo! Did you hear me? Yahoo! Thank them for their support the next time you see them.

Now, I just have to obtain approval from the Parks Commission at their next meeting on April 14th. I don't see this being a problem, however, I will keep accepting band submissions until that date.

REMEMBER!!! All bands selected will be required to split the costs associated with this event. At this point, permit costs are estimated at $367.50. Could be lower if we decide to set up the second stage on a "designated site." This does not include the cost of sound. As it stands, $367.50 split between 20 bands comes out to $18.38 each. Peanuts. This will be updated once I determine what our sound needs and expenses will be, but since we will have a permit to sell merchandise, most bands shouldn't have a problem recouping their participation fee. Cool?

Also, Joe Williams of ChopShop Design http://www.chopshopdesign.net has volunteered his services and will donate a poster/handbill design for the event. Way to go Joe! Thank you very much indeed. Now we need to find someone willing to design and host a webpage for the event. Any takers?

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please contact me at: pete@theskintones.com

Thanks everyone! You rock and you know it.

P-Rayrizzy
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby clearblue » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:49 pm

Clear Blue Betty would be honored to be put on the list as well!

Email us at clearbluebetty@yahoo.com if there is any way we can help out.
clearblue

Postby P-Ray » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:09 pm

Awesome Car Funmaker, Buffali, Driftless Pony Club and Clear Blue Betty have been added to the list of applicants. Thanks for your interest!

From now on, all submissions should include a URL to the band website, if applicable. And one more thing, it's cool to nominate a band you would like to see play Madisonic, but the bands themselves (or a member thereof) must indicate a willingness to play by directly posting to this forum. If you want to see them play, direct them to the forum. This will eliminate the need to track bands down and figure out if they have the dates open, or if they are even interested in appearing. Thanks all.

P-Ray
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Postby P-Ray » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:29 pm

"The Suit" are the latest band to throw their collective hat into the Madisonic ring. Thanks chaps!
P-Ray
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Madison Music