MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 17.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Do Dittoheads feel dumb for following pill junkie?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Do you think Rush Limbaugh should be thrown in jail for trafficking illlegally in controlled substances?

No, the poor guy already had bad publicity from this.
No votes
Yes, live by the jail cell, anguish in the jail cell.
100%

Total votes : 15

Do Dittoheads feel dumb for following pill junkie?

Postby Anonymous Lee » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:54 am

Rush Limbaugh, Oct. 5, 1995 wrote:"There's nothing good about drug use," he was saying. "We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

OK, by now we should all know that Rush Limbaugh is lead cheerjeerer in the Vast Right Wing Hypocrisy. No-brainer.

But, what are all these Rush-followers thinking now? They guy they followed turns out to have been cranked up on OxyContin, Hydrocodone, highly addictive opiates. He has been accused of engaging a black-market drug ring. Do they still believe the "ideas" that popped out of that fevered brain?

The leading light of the conservative movement is a pill junkie. Let's throw him in jail, where he says he belongs!
Anonymous Lee

Postby gozer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:36 am

now that we know he is always blasted out of his mind on oxycodone, i think i may start tuning in.

the thing is, narcotics usually make people peaceful and love everybody. i think limbaugh was misusing cortisone or doing some crank on top of everything else.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:16 am

I think he should do a highly publicized marathon show wherein he goes through withdrawal with his loyal followers. I'd tune in to that one. Can you imagine a jittery Rush, thinking he's about to shake himself to death, freaking out on his producer and legion of loyal sycophants?

That's radio, folks!

I wonder how it feels to be a Republican junkie? It's gotta be right up there with being a black Republican lesbian, methinks ...
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Anonymous Lee » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:40 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:I wonder how it feels to be a Republican junkie? It's gotta be right up there with being a black Republican lesbian, methinks ...

There seem to be many more Republican drug abusers than the public realizes. The Occupant of the Oval Office, for example. Jeb Bush's daughter, who was spared harsh treatment by the criminal justice system and got drug treatment instead.

Then there's the Book of Virtues thumping, high-stakes gamblin hypocrite Bill Bennett.

If Limbaugh was, indeed, trafficking in illegal narcotics and does not go to Federal Pound Me In The Ass prison, then there is no justice.
Anonymous Lee

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:49 pm

Anonymous Lee wrote:Jeb Bush's daughter, who was spared harsh treatment by the criminal justice system and got drug treatment instead.
Hey, that's not fair. We don't know she's a Republican other than by "birth right." It's a chicken/egg argument, really. I mean, maybe she's an addict because she was born to a GOP doofus.

I know if my parents were Republican you'd need a fuckin' crowbar to pry me off the crack pipe!
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blip » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:25 pm

Anonymous Lee posed the question: "Do Dittoheads feel dumb for following pill junkie?"

Whether intended or no, he/she raises an interesting point between the two states of "feeling dumb" and "being dumb."

I would posit that a Dittohead by definition is dumb -- so therefore, wondering about whether they actually feel dumb begins to tread in areas of irrelevancy.

I think what Anonymous Lee may be getting at, is whether Dittoheads approach any state of self-awareness of their own dumbness as it becomes informed through the senses, i.e. feeling, as opposed to the more supposed intellectual avenue.

An interesting question!

One is left to conclude that because Dittoheads have reached such a profound state of dumbness, it follows that they are thus incapable of coming to even the simplest intellectual understanding of their own state of intellectual decrepitude, thus they must rely upon some sort of reptilian brain sensing/feeling organ to become even the slightest bit aware of their state.
blip
Forum Addict

Postby Steve Vokers » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:37 pm

You mean that Dittoheads don't already have reptiles for brains?
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines