MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Oh, What do we have here? The Shine is Coming Off

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Postby jjoyce » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Dark Meat wrote:Seems to me that someone with a low tolerance for foolishness has no business as an internet board moderator

Hilarious. I'm not the one who assigned a higher purpose to this exercise, am I?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:No Joycie, it's much more insidious than that. Nevermore's attempting to silence me with claims of "racism". Claims he can't even substantiate, because he disagrees with me politically.

I normally ignore these fools, but you need to call them out once in awhile.

My unwillingness to play your game is the result of years of you ignoring my factual refutations of your garbage. So tough shit if you have a problem with that.

But don't think for one moment that I wish to silence you. I want you to continue to demonstrate your typical Republican hatred for minorities. Sing your racism loud. Sing your racism proud!
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Dark Meat wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Why does anyone respond to this stuff?

I responded because when someone invokes a racial slur, particularly one that some may not immediately identify as such, that person should be called out

This makes a difference how? You're not a savior. The obstructionist's creed... Madison's self identified victims know it well.

Note to "Racist Meat": No one cares except prescribed victim groups and the media that surrounds them.
Last edited by pulsewidth modulation on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm

nevermore wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:No Joycie, it's much more insidious than that. Nevermore's attempting to silence me with claims of "racism". Claims he can't even substantiate, because he disagrees with me politically.

I normally ignore these fools, but you need to call them out once in awhile.

My unwillingness to play your game is the result of years of you ignoring my factual refutations of your garbage. So tough shit if you have a problem with that.

But don't think for one moment that I wish to silence you. I want you to continue to demonstrate your typical Republican hatred for minorities. Sing your racism loud. Sing your racism proud!

OK. How about 7 examples? C'mon I have 8K posts.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Oprah wrote:isn't asking about why people respond to this stuff, in effect, a response to this stuff?

No. Nice try though.

I know weakness is in my presence when it needs to scratch for help and draw it into personal battles.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dark Meat » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:33 pm

jjoyce wrote:Hilarious. I'm not the one who assigned a higher purpose to this exercise, am I?

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Why do you even bother to respond to idiots such as I?

Jesus, all I did was suggest that the title of this thread rubbed me the wrong way. You don't see it that way. You could have left it at that, but you decided to call me foolish. Masterfully played.

Maybe you're right that posting here is a waste of time. Just let it be known that I'm not one of the ones who showed up here just to dish dirt and call people names. If my "higher purpose" (whatever the hell that is) offends your delicate sensibilities I'll take it elsewhere.
Dark Meat

Postby Oprah » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:
Oprah wrote:isn't asking about why people respond to this stuff, in effect, a response to this stuff?

No. Nice try though.

I know weakness is in my presence when it needs to scratch for help and draw it into personal battles.

To what weakness are you referring? Who's scratching for help? How is my question drawing it into a personal battle?
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 pm

nevermore wrote:The history of the overt racism exhibited by Ned and his pets in this forum is long and storied.

So are the repetitive and lack luster responses to the history. Misery loves company; without it "Isthmus Publishing Inc." would go out of business***.

Is there a lot of self hate in gay circles? It seems that way. Its to bad a large part of the major media in this town surrounds itself around this worrisome/self-hate epidemic. Sad actually.

How can "we" be victims without people like Ned? Count me out, I'm not a part of "Isthmus's" "we."

***Racism ISN'T as prevalent as Madison's liberal establishment would have their followers believe. That's why "The Capitol Times" is going out of business. The market for worry and self hate propaganda services is shrinking... Times are getting better (Barak Obama's presence is die hard proof).
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Is there a lot of self hate in gay circles?

You're exhibit A of that one.
Sideshow Bob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:58 pm

nevermore wrote:The history of the overt racism exhibited by Ned and his pets in this forum is long and storied.

So are the repetitive and lack luster responses to the history. Misery loves company; without it "Isthmus Publishing Inc." would go out of business***.

Is there a lot of self hate in gay circles? It seems that way. Its to bad a large part of the major media in this town surrounds itself around this worrisome/self-hate epidemic. Sad actually.

How can "we" be victims without people like Ned? Count me out, I'm not a part of "Isthmus's" "we."

***Racism ISN'T as prevalent as Madison's liberal establishment would have their followers believe. That's why "The Capitol Times" is going out of business. The market for worry and self hate propaganda services is shrinking... Times are getting better (Barak Obama's presence is die hard proof).

Once again, kids, they call it "dope" for a reason.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Polka_Tulk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:07 pm

One Eyed Jack wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:The vetting of Obama will be long and painful. It will be an uphill battle, as bloggers and the Brits will have to carry the water until the LSM is forced to play. This could harm Barry as it could drag into fall. A few things to consider:

1. Obama's dealings with Rezko and the Iraqi as Tolerator has pointed out. I'm guessing the sweet house deal is the tip of the iceberg
2. Obama's connection to the rotten Chicago Democrat machine.
3. Obama's radical upbringing including his relationship with the communist Frank Marshall Davis.
4. Obama's history of drug use.
5. Obama's connection to a radical, Marxist Afro-centric Chicago church, the Trinity United Church of Christ and it's devisive preacher, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
6. Obama's relationsip with and recent endorsement by Louis Farrakhan.
7. Obama's refusal to wear the U.S. flag lapel pin.
8. Obama's far left plans for socialized medicine and a UN-linked "global povery" bill (Global Poverty Act of 2007 (S.2433) among other horrors.
9. Obama's lack of management or foreign-relations experience.

1. I don't care
2. I don't care
3. Fine by me
4. Everyone's got that
5. Fine by me
6. Good for him
7. I wouldn't either
8. Good
9. I don't care[/quote

So, basically what we have here is a campaign where his supporters don't know what he is saying, or whom he stands for, other than it sounds good.
Polka_Tulk

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh, for fuck's sake learn how to use the fucking quote boxes, you polka-tard.
Sideshow Bob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby One Eyed Jack » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Polka_Tulk wrote:
One Eyed Jack wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:The vetting of Obama will be long and painful. It will be an uphill battle, as bloggers and the Brits will have to carry the water until the LSM is forced to play. This could harm Barry as it could drag into fall. A few things to consider:

1. Obama's dealings with Rezko and the Iraqi as Tolerator has pointed out. I'm guessing the sweet house deal is the tip of the iceberg
2. Obama's connection to the rotten Chicago Democrat machine.
3. Obama's radical upbringing including his relationship with the communist Frank Marshall Davis.
4. Obama's history of drug use.
5. Obama's connection to a radical, Marxist Afro-centric Chicago church, the Trinity United Church of Christ and it's devisive preacher, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
6. Obama's relationsip with and recent endorsement by Louis Farrakhan.
7. Obama's refusal to wear the U.S. flag lapel pin.
8. Obama's far left plans for socialized medicine and a UN-linked "global povery" bill (Global Poverty Act of 2007 (S.2433) among other horrors.
9. Obama's lack of management or foreign-relations experience.

1. I don't care
2. I don't care
3. Fine by me
4. Everyone's got that
5. Fine by me
6. Good for him
7. I wouldn't either
8. Good
9. I don't care[/quote

So, basically what we have here is a campaign where his supporters don't know what he is saying, or whom he stands for, other than it sounds good.

Nope. What I'm saying are these three things:

1. That I don't care about some of the above mentioned things.
2. That I dare you to find a presidential candidate who doesn't have 9 listable "things" in their past or present that nearly half of the country finds questionable.
3. That I'm ok with a "radical upbringing" and a relationship with a communist and an endorsement from Farrakhan.

But that's just me talkin'. The rest of Obama's supporters can make up their own minds. I would caution you from lumping them all in with me.
One Eyed Jack

Postby The Tolerator » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm almost getting tired of typing the following truism.

This is classic lefty rhetoric in the face of alleged facts.

Here is a story documenting a claim about your new Messiah, B. Hussein O.

Instead of reflecting on what the story means, you all try to bury it in a flurry of racist comments.

Lefty playbook - "When facts are presented shout, "Racism""

You and the rest of the lefties can cry racism until you turn blue (more racism), it still isn't going to make me a racist.

If someone can provide context for how "Shine" is racist, I'm interested to see it.
The Tolerator
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ernestine Beaverhausen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Why are you so filled with hate?
Ernestine Beaverhausen

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government