MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Guitar Hero II & III

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Guitar Hero II & III

Postby MadMind » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Guitar Hero II Bundle 360 $30!
Ok, so this actually hasn't happened here...yet!
But it's been confirmed at a suburban Minneapolis Best Buy, and other Best Buys may follow.

Went to the East Madison Best Buy and told the salesperson that they were clearancing their GHII's at another BB for $29.99 (they are selling them for $59.99) and he said that they have so many of them that it may come to that.
There were over a hundred 360 GHII bundles stacked in different parts of the store - yes, over a hundred. So now I just have to wait and see. If and when it drops it's going to be a word-of-mouth sort of thing I imagine.

If anyone sees them drop to this price at either Madison Best Buys clue us in!
Any BB employees out there?
Last edited by MadMind on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:30 pm

best buy on the west side here has them stacked all over the service counter, currently marked $69.99.

if they mark down to $30, I'll buy it for sure. never hurts to have another guitar around, though I played my fill of this game on PS2 a while ago.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Shipley wrote:best buy on the west side here has them stacked all over the service counter, currently marked $69.99.

Scratch that, still $79.99.

So east has them for $59.99 right now?
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:36 pm

Shipley wrote:
Shipley wrote:best buy on the west side here has them stacked all over the service counter, currently marked $69.99.

Scratch that, still $79.99.

So east has them for $59.99 right now?

Yep. It seems as if the clearance pricing for this item is up to the managers discretion.
It's been reported at $49.99 at an Austin, TX location, and $29.99 at the Brooklyn Center, MN location. I tried telling the salesperson at BB east that it was going for $29.99 at another Best Buy - he didn't give :(
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 pm

$59.99 is good enough I guess. I'll keep my reciept and hope they lower within 30 days.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:36 am

It's finally happened. Both Madison Best Buy's still have them marked at $47.99, but they ring up at $31.99. Great deal. Madison east has more than plenty. I hear Madison west not so much.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 am

Picked up GHII and am loving it.
I was surprised to hear that the majority of songs on GHII are infact covers. Those are some of the most spot-on covers I've ever heard. Had I not read it somewhere, I'd might not even believe it.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 am

got my tax refund, I'm grabbing it tonight.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:20 pm

MadMind wrote:Picked up GHII and am loving it.
I was surprised to hear that the majority of songs on GHII are infact covers. Those are some of the most spot-on covers I've ever heard. Had I not read it somewhere, I'd might not even believe it.

Yup, that's one of the major things they changed for GH3 / Rock Band. Only two songs in Rock Band (that I've found) are covers.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 pm

GH III (game only) is $20 off at Circuit City this week too, so you could get the GH II bundle and GH III for less than any of the Guitar Hero bundles were when they were new!
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:41 pm

MadMind wrote:GH III (game only) is $20 off at Circuit City this week too, so you could get the GH II bundle and GH III for less than any of the Guitar Hero bundles were when they were new!

How much is the game only then? Now that I have a guitar that works in both GH and RB I might pick it up, even though there's tremendous amounts of overlap in the songs.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:06 pm

TAsunder wrote:
MadMind wrote:GH III (game only) is $20 off at Circuit City this week too, so you could get the GH II bundle and GH III for less than any of the Guitar Hero bundles were when they were new!

How much is the game only then? Now that I have a guitar that works in both GH and RB I might pick it up, even though there's tremendous amounts of overlap in the songs.

$39.99
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:08 pm

get it and ebay the guitar if you don't need it. those X-plorers work with Rock band or GH on 360 or PC.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Ok, I have Guitar Hero II & III.
My skill level is I can get perfect on easy and 5 stars on medium - but the rift in learning curve between medium and hard might as well be the grand canyon!
I consider myself a fairly seasoned player, but using all 5 fret buttons at the speed of hard makes the game much more frustrating than fun. One only has four fingers and when you have to use five buttons you lose all point of reference.

Anyone here go above and beyond the call of duty and venture into hard? I just don't think I'm that determined.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 pm

MadMind wrote:Ok, I have Guitar Hero II & III.
My skill level is I can get perfect on easy and 5 stars on medium - but the rift in learning curve between medium and hard might as well be the grand canyon!
I consider myself a fairly seasoned player, but using all 5 fret buttons at the speed of hard makes the game much more frustrating than fun. One only has four fingers and when you have to use five buttons you lose all point of reference.

Anyone here go above and beyond the call of duty and venture into hard? I just don't think I'm that determined.

About three sets into Hard on GHIII for the Wii. Got it a month ago. I never played real guitar, but I did take years of piano lessons. Bouncing your hand back to home isn't the hardest part. The hardest part is getting the hammer-ons and pull-offs down so you don't have to strum your friggin hand off.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Technology & Video Games