MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 22.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Comedy at Genna's June 7th

Theater, Dance, Visual Arts, Music That Doesn't Rawk, Overture issues, etc.

Comedy at Genna's June 7th

Postby Flowers » Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Saturday Night, June 7th at Genna's, there will be a stand up comedy show headlined by David Freeman, featuring Chris Waelti, with host Sean Moore and special guest Mike Schmidt. Tickets are ten bucks, all the comedians are good dancers.

I think you should go.
Flowers

Postby Showman » Tue May 13, 2008 3:48 pm

[b]The Madison Comedian has taken the back seat to the “Bandâ€Â
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby monsterface » Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Please note that the WiSUC show on 6/3 at the High Noon has nothing to do with the show at Genna's the following weekend.

WiSUC, David Freeman-free since 2005!
monsterface
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Showman » Thu May 29, 2008 7:45 am

monsterface wrote:Please note that the WiSUC show on 6/3 at the High Noon has nothing to do with the show at Genna's the following weekend.

WiSUC, David Freeman-free since 2005!

Good point, I am Free man 8)
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby monsterface » Thu May 29, 2008 10:29 am

Again, the following information is about the WiSUC show, not the Genna's show.

[url=http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42207&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008
Doors at 5p
$5 cover
+21

High Noon Saloon presents:

The Shabelles

WiSUC Stand-Up Comedy Showcase
hosted by Kendra Frank
with special guest Joshua James
and featuring Dave Labedz, Chris Waelti, and Adam Waldron
with headliner Robert Buscemi

Kitty Rhombus

From HNS website:
Join us for an evening of homegrown stand-up comedy, courtesy of the fine folks at WiSUC! Even better, the event will be sandwiched with music: The Shabelles will close down the night with a dose of catchy, sunny, '60s-inspired melody, while Kitty Rhombus opens the show with infectious-but-dischordant math rock weirdness.

From the Peanut Gallery:
We're back in black. We hit the sack, we've been too long, and we're glad to be back. WiSUC returns after an eleven-month hiatus. Let's celebrate our 3rd birthday, along with Schabow's 3rd birthday, too! And we can celebrate various graduations and just generally do a lot of back-patting and grab-assing.

Check out this week's Onion for even more info on the show!

Check out Dane101 soon for the DaneCast podcast recorded this week, featuring some great conversation about this show!

Want a HALF-OFF voucher for the show? E-mail wisucprojectATgmailDOTcom!

Want FREE tickets to the show? Head over to Dane101 next Tuesday afternoon when the post their weekly Tuesday Tix offers, and the first to comment on the post receives a pair of tickets to the show of his or her choice! [/url]
monsterface
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Showman » Thu May 29, 2008 8:36 pm

[quote="Showman"][b]The Madison Comedian has taken the back seat to the “Bandâ€Â
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby Showman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Blunt, I like you...I'm a Showman and I see that the show is not "my" stand up comedy or Flower's but, the "pride" of all the Comedians that grace the stages of this fine city. I am one of you, nothing separates one from the other. This Saturday all that feel that they have a Comedic voice that needs to be heard...come and I will grant you that. Arrive early (6:30) and be scheduled into the show (performers only please).

We've talked and fought about it for 9 pages now let's take it to the stage.

This Saturday June 7th at Genna's 105 W. Main 8pm The Best Comedians in Madison will perform Live and Uncut

Be funny when it counts...on stage.

Let's do this face to face.

Arrive early (6:30) and be scheduled into the show (performers only please). $10 gate don’t hate, participate!
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby Ernestine Beaverhausen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Last edited by Ernestine Beaverhausen on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Last edited by Ernestine Beaverhausen on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ernestine Beaverhausen

Postby fennel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm

Showman wrote:Be funny when it counts...on stage.

But by then, the counting has already been done if there's a cover charge.

Showman wrote:Let's do this face to face.

That's a better idea. A public venue. Save the entrance fee for later, when there is a consensus.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Showman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Ernestine Beaverhausen wrote:
Showman wrote:Blunt, I like you...I'm a Showman and I see that the show is not "my" stand up comedy or Flower's but, the "pride" of all the Comedians that grace the stages of this fine city. I am one of you, nothing separates one from the other. This Saturday all that feel that they have a Comedic voice that needs to be heard...come and I will grant you that. Arrive early (6:30) and be scheduled into the show (performers only please).

We've talked and fought about it for 9 pages now let's take it to the stage.

This Saturday June 7th at Genna's 105 W. Main 8pm The Best Comedians in Madison will perform Live and Uncut

Be funny when it counts...on stage.

Let's do this face to face.

Arrive early (6:30) and be scheduled into the show (performers only please). $10 gate don’t hate, participate!

This post is like a pop-up for MILF's.

That's the same thing your Mother said on the set of OLD BITCHES THAT SUCK FOR LUNCH MONEY. Then he pop-off (fade to black)
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby Showman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 pm

fennel wrote:
Showman wrote:Be funny when it counts...on stage.

But by then, the counting has already been done if there's a cover charge.

Showman wrote:Let's do this face to face.

That's a better idea. A public venue. Save the entrance fee for later, when there is a consensus.

This saturday no excuses.
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby Ernestine Beaverhausen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Showman wrote:
That's the same thing your Mother said on the set of OLD BITCHES THAT SUCK FOR LUNCH MONEY. Then he pop-off (fade to black)

My mother is 88 years old, dying of Alzheimers and on a respirator. But hey, if you think making fun of dying people is fun, it's almost as enjoyable as the gristly cat-tounge sensation your mother gave me last night when she ate my pussy and rimmed my corn-stained ass.
Ernestine Beaverhausen

Postby Showman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Showman wrote:

My mother is 88 years old, dying of Alzheimers and on a respirator. But hey, if you think making fun of dying people is fun, it's almost as enjoyable as the gristly cat-tounge sensation your mother gave me last night when she ate my pussy and rimmed my corn-stained ass.

Sounds like you need to wash your ass, pussy ain't suppose to dry your mouth out. Get that checked out.
Showman
Forum Addict

Postby Ernestine Beaverhausen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Showman wrote:
Showman wrote:

Sounds like you need to wash your ass, pussy ain't suppose to dry your mouth out. Get that checked out.

Your momma cleaned my ass and dried out my pussy. You ought to get your momma checked out.
Ernestine Beaverhausen

Postby Showman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Showman wrote:
Showman wrote:

Your momma cleaned my ass and dried out my pussy. You ought to get your momma checked out.

I agree she had sex with you...No telling what she’s infected with.
Showman
Forum Addict

Next

Return to The Arts