MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 41.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Cloud 9 Grille

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Cloud 9 Grille

Postby chleppr » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Went there for the first time last night. There were three of us. We had a reservation and got there a little early. The place wasn't very busy when we got there(5:30) but was hoppin' when we left.

I must say...probably the best dining experience we have had in Madison.

Our waitress was so friendly but not too assertive or irritating. She was great. Our drinks were good. The calamari was tender. One of us had the ravioli...said it was good and too much to finish. Another had the night's special of Jambalaya...said it was full of shrimp and not too much rice...probably the best he has ever had. I had the Shrimp Bisque...it was great. I also had a Wedge Salad and the vegetable of the day (asparagus). We loved our meals and our service. Will definitely go back. So nice to have such a pleasurable dinner experience.
chleppr

Postby pattymcnutt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:54 pm

I was just there for the first time this week too- for drinks and appetizers (both were 1/2 price because it was happy hour- a great deal!). We sat on the west patio, so we had a beautiful view of Madison. The waitress was friendly and attentive, and the appetizers were delicious! It wasn't crowded at all (it was a wednesday evening). I will DEFINITELY be going back!
pattymcnutt
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 am

I've been under the impression that it closed for over a month now?
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:33 am

Nope. Was there for brunch with visiting family last month.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 am

I enjoyed it when I went, very good meal. The menu and layout of the place seemed to be cramming a lot of concepts into one which was a bit off-putting. Never went back because there are so many other places to try, but I will have to return.

Maybe get a free birthday dinner or do a "date night." One of my students works there and she claims the special deals are really good.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Where is it? I looked on their map, and I have no fucking idea where that is. I can picture taking Cottage Grove Rd to Hwy 51, but then it all blanks out, like in The Thirteenth Floor.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:43 pm

From Atwood take Cottage Grove once you drive under 39/90 take a left on N Star Drive and you'll see it. Click on the maplink on their website a second time and you'll see.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:59 pm

"Yum-O!"
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:22 pm

boston_jeff wrote:From Atwood take Cottage Grove once you drive under 39/90 take a left on N Star Drive and you'll see it. Click on the maplink on their website a second time and you'll see.

Just so no one's confused - you go over 39/90.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Right Bower wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:From Atwood take Cottage Grove once you drive under 39/90 take a left on N Star Drive and you'll see it. Click on the maplink on their website a second time and you'll see.

Just so no one's confused - you go over 39/90.

You've got to lean forward and get a real head of steam going otherwise.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm sure I could get there using the map... I just can't picture where it is. I can't think of any landmarks, any context. Like, is it near the butter warehouse that burned up back in the 90s?

I can check Google Satellite, just thought somebody might have some quick reference to offer.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 pm

All I can remember is the lack of any landmarks, except maybe condos.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Ducatista wrote:

I'm sure I could get there using the map... I just can't picture where it is. I can't think of any landmarks, any context. Like, is it near the butter warehouse that burned up back in the 90s?

I can check Google Satellite, just thought somebody might have some quick reference to offer.

If I remember right, that warehouse fire was close to Stoughton Road. Cloud Nine is at that brand spanking new subdivision on the way out to Cottage Grove, not far from the I90 bridge which was closed for repairs not all that long ago. It's on the Cottage Grove side of I90.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Grandview Commons, the development and construction you see on the north side of the Interstate with the Veridian sign.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby towanda » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:33 am

I've been there twice. Completely inadequate vegetarian options.
towanda
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews