MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Contempt for the community will result in deactivation

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Postby Bob Cobb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:29 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote:Nice life you have.

Go read your posts in the Sardine thread from last year. Based on your output in that thread alone I'm not sure this forum has seen a larger asshole.


This is your purpose here? To dole out "nice life" blasts?

Seriously, guy, if you're on this board, it implies you don't have anything better to do, right? It's a big boat and we're all in it, even those who think we have better taste than the rest. The club includes you, and spending your time here trying to hold some kind of King Loser spot above the fray is as hilarious as it is telling.


Your interpretations of my posts are hilarious. So is your inflated sense of self, "guy".

The King Loser spot is in no danger of being stripped from co-royalty TheBookPolice and Shipley.
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

Postby TAsunder » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Time to create yet another new account, Cobb, because I can smell an enforcement of the rule mentioned in the first post of this thread coming. Just a few more random insults lobbed around, and you're there.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 4783
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:21 pm
Location: Near East Side, Madison

Postby Bob Cobb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for the advice.

The insults I lobbed towards you were anything but random. Shipley brought any and all insults lobbed his way upon himself with his 'i'm popular here' post. TBP is just, well, I don't like that guy one bit.
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Last reply ever, Bob, so enjoy it.

I don't know why you want to know if I "talk like I type," but I can guess. I don't know why you don't like me, but I can guess. I don't know why you keep at it even though I've done nothing to or about you for days (weeks?) now, but I can guess.

That's why I'm done with you. Because you leave me guessing as to your extreme vitriol towards me, when I did nothing to invite it.




pssst: he thinks I'm queer!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Postby Wanda » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:28 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Apparently this rule doesn't apply to Wanda...


Well, in all fairness, I've only shown real contempt for you and jhain, not contempt for the "at large" foron community. And the only reason you and jhain have garnered my ire is because one of you is a pompous, condescending, self-appointed arbiter of what is acceptable liberal views and the other is a half-baked, tin-foil hat wearing, Richard H. Anderson wannabe who seems incapable of comprehending basic scientific principals that most fifth graders grasp.
Wanda
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:57 am

Bob Cobb wrote: Shipley brought any and all insults lobbed his way upon himself with his 'i'm popular here' post.


No-one is debating my deletion, Bob. Does it frustrate you that a 28 year old manchild who spent more on action figures and video games last week than he did on gas and bills still rates as somewhat likable?
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md

Postby depinmad » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:49 am

Shipley wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote: Shipley brought any and all insults lobbed his way upon himself with his 'i'm popular here' post.


No-one is debating my deletion, Bob. Does it frustrate you that a 28 year old manchild who spent more on action figures and video games last week than he did on gas and bills still rates as somewhat likable?


please, just for fun, produce one single post from anywhere or anytime on this forum where anyone other than yourself describes you as even somewhat likeable.
please.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 am

Postby jammybastard » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:08 am

man this thread is hilarious.
keep it up y'all...you're doing great!
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5462
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am

Bob Cobb wrote:The King Loser spot is in no danger of being stripped from co-royalty TheBookPolice and Shipley.

Fucking amateurs, both.

You, on the other hand, have a long-ass row to hoe before you can even claim your loser-in-training badge, Scout. What you need, shit sponge, is to sit back and practice a little thing I like to call "shut the fuck up." Your posts here make Terry Schiavo look like Tesla. Go crawl back into the corner of whatever foul root cellar your parents are confining you to, you drooling, gibbering, turd-fondling freak.

The caliber of wit in this digital shithole is tepid enough without you shitting in the collective soup. And while I've retired (this lone exception excluded), I still like to think I can lurk on occasion and score a cheap laugh. Your pollution of that possibility is compounded with every monosyllabic utterance your colostomy bag of a brain sluices into the ether. The only explanation for your continued presence here is either that the admin has the patience of Job or all the motivation of a salted slug.

Fuck you with a bag of chips, Cheese.

And don't make me come back here again.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 10385
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 4:41 pm
Location: back atcha

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:while I've retired (this... excretion excluded), I still like to think I can lurk on occasion and score a cheap laugh


Fixed

On occasion? Yea right. You never left dimwit. Everyone knows that.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:18 pm

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 am

depinmad wrote:please, just for fun, produce one single post from anywhere or anytime on this forum where anyone other than yourself describes you as even somewhat likeable.
please.


Can't find one. Oh well. I guess I'm just no popular. Maybe I'll have to go outside, enjoy the real world and let the rest of you fight it out for who gets to rule this corner of the internet.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md

Postby harrissimo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:Fuck you with a bag of chips, Cheese.


Jesus Christ's Balls On Stilts! Man I've missed you Chuck!
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 am

Wanda wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Apparently this rule doesn't apply to Wanda...


Well, in all fairness, I've only shown real contempt for you and jhain, not contempt for the "at large" foron community. And the only reason you and jhain have garnered my ire is because one of you is a pompous, condescending, self-appointed arbiter of what is acceptable liberal views and the other is a half-baked, tin-foil hat wearing, Richard H. Anderson wannabe who seems incapable of comprehending basic scientific principals that most fifth graders grasp.



You've shown contempt for reality, in all fairness. I've said from the very start, twice in the very first post, that I don't think it was an inside job. The collapse IS still unproven. You saw what you wanted to see...and still do.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3173
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:20 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote:The King Loser spot is in no danger of being stripped from co-royalty TheBookPolice and Shipley.

Fucking amateurs, both.

You, on the other hand, have a long-ass row to hoe before you can even claim your loser-in-training badge, Scout. What you need, shit sponge, is to sit back and practice a little thing I like to call "shut the fuck up." Your posts here make Terry Schiavo look like Tesla. Go crawl back into the corner of whatever foul root cellar your parents are confining you to, you drooling, gibbering, turd-fondling freak.

The caliber of wit in this digital shithole is tepid enough without you shitting in the collective soup. And while I've retired (this lone exception excluded), I still like to think I can lurk on occasion and score a cheap laugh. Your pollution of that possibility is compounded with every monosyllabic utterance your colostomy bag of a brain sluices into the ether. The only explanation for your continued presence here is either that the admin has the patience of Job or all the motivation of a salted slug.

Fuck you with a bag of chips, Cheese.

And don't make me come back here again.


This is the guy who you all worship? Wow. I've been on the receiving end of harsher insults from the guy on the bus who can hardly think and more than likely eats his own shit.
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

Postby Marvell » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am

Bob Cobb wrote:I've been on the receiving end of harsher insults from the guy on the bus who can hardly think and more than likely eats his own shit.


You've really got to stop talking to yourself like that.

People are going to think you're crazy in addition to being stupid and an asshole.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6985
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar