MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Contempt for the community will result in deactivation

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Postby Wanda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 am

jonnygothispen wrote:
You've shown contempt for reality, in all fairness.

Sorry chode-boy, your twisted world view only resembles the reality of a DC comic book, so go screw yourself with your own tin-foil hat, you snot-filled little goat-fucker.
Wanda
Forum Addict

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 am

Marvell wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote:I've been on the receiving end of harsher insults from the guy on the bus who can hardly think and more than likely eats his own shit.

You've really got to stop talking to yourself like that.

People are going to think you're crazy in addition to being stupid and an asshole.

It keeps douches like you from sitting by me.

Go read a comic or something and try to forget about all the beatings you received as a kid.
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:57 am

It appears Jason's attempt at getting people to play nice is something less than a roaring success ...
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:58 am

Bob Cobb wrote:
Marvell wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote:I've been on the receiving end of harsher insults from the guy on the bus who can hardly think and more than likely eats his own shit.

People are going to think you're crazy in addition to being stupid and an asshole.

Go read a comic or something and try to forget about all the beatings you received as a kid.

Considering that the sum total you bring to any conversation is the obsessive repetition of variations on 'douche' and insults that would need a decade of seasoning to be accurately described as childish, why the hell would I consciously sit by you?

I mean, I don't think vapid, clownish witlessness is contagious - but it might be.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 am

Marvell wrote:
Bob Cobb wrote:
Marvell wrote:

Considering that the sum total you bring to any conversation is the obsessive repetition of variations on 'douche' and insults that would need a decade of seasoning to be accurately described as childish, why the hell would I consciously sit by you?

I mean, I don't think vapid, clownish witlessness is contagious - but it might be.

Douchenozzle
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby christopher_robin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:01 am

Let's not get TOO nostalgic. Chuck (the persona, not the guy behind it, whom I'm sure is perfectly affable) was good for a few laughs, but never really added a whole lot of signal through all that noise. He was quite adept at fashioning insults, but that's about all he had going for him--it's not like the guy had interesting insights about anything, a la <snoqueen>, or <marvell>. (When <harrissimo> is your biggest cheerleader, something is very wrong).

Then, after 10,000+ posts, which is some kind of totally fucked up thing that had us all wondering what the hell he did for a living (Lisa Simpson: "Dad, do you even have a job?") he floundered about for months in an excruciatingly drawn-out "retirement."

And yet, he might have recovered, as the truth grew dim.

But now look: he's gone and cocked the whole thing up again.
Last edited by christopher_robin on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:02 am

Stu Levitan wrote:It appears Jason's attempt at getting people to play nice is something less than a roaring success ...

YEah, this place looks like 4chan without the anime GIFs.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am

xxx
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:06 am

Shipley wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:It appears Jason's attempt at getting people to play nice is something less than a roaring success ...

Will you promise to let me know when you touch a girl (with her consent) for the first time?
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am

lol, oh you got me bob cobb, i am an aging rapist.

Note: Bob is showing contempt for Shipley, not the community, and should be allowed to make crass generalizations and accusations for as long as he sees fit, as long as it singles out Shipley, who depinmad pointed out no one really likes.

Unless you want to count all of these, which were read and reccomended more than the majority of articles posted on the daily page. But thats not really the community, thats just people who read the site, not people who have all day to respond to forum posts.
Last edited by Shipley on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:14 am

Shipley wrote:

Ship, you can't just whip out a 4chan reference among a bunch of dipwads like that. It's dangerous. We have enough btards in the world as it is; why introduce 4chan to more potential cult members?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 am

I didn't call you a rapist. I see you more as a guy who "accidentally" brushes a girl's ass or boob.
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:16 am

TAsunder wrote:why introduce 4chan to more potential cult members?

What is 4chan?
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bob Cobb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:18 am

A celebration of celibacy (but not by choice).
Bob Cobb
Forum Addict

Postby Shipley » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 am

I live with my girlfriend, and I honestly can't think of any snarky way to present that information without sounding insulting to both of us. Lay off, Cobb. You can poke fun at me and all my video game article bullshit, but I don't need to defend the woman who loves me in this thread.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com