MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What are you playing now?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Postby uwstudent » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:39 am

Doom 3
uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby aaron » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:44 am

"Surrender" - Jane Monheit
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lardheppus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Europa Universalis 3, Master of Orion 3, and Alien Crossfire are the three main ones right now. Wesnoth when I want somrthing lighter.

Yeah, I'm a bit retro. I'm thinking of plugging a mid 90s vintage HD into my P4 and delving into stuff I haven't played in about a decade. That or put it on a flash drive and boot from that.
lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby Remember_Me » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:36 pm

lardheppus wrote:Europa Universalis 3, Master of Orion 3, and Alien Crossfire are the three main ones right now. Wesnoth when I want somrthing lighter.

Yeah, I'm a bit retro. I'm thinking of plugging a mid 90s vintage HD into my P4 and delving into stuff I haven't played in about a decade. That or put it on a flash drive and boot from that.

I've been playing Guess Who with the mad.com admin.

They keep losing.

Funny as hell watching 'em try tho.

What brought you over this way Lard?

Getting sick of the shit over there too?
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lardheppus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Remember_Me wrote:
What brought you over this way Lard?

Getting sick of the shit over there too?

Just broadening my horizons.
lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby Bunny Chow » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 am

Remember_Me wrote:I've been playing Guess Who

I saw the Guess Who in a dive bar (The 4th Ave Tav) 15 years or so ago. Burton Commings was already an old guy but still brilliant. One of the best musical performances I've seen in my life so far. I was so close to them that night I invited them to my house to spend the night.

No Time circ. 1969

Lardheppus, I'm thinking about going to Woodman's today....and as for gaming, my kids are trying to get me to play Runescape. Just registered my username yesterday.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:46 am

Back on Everquest myself.
Been gearing up my ranger - which was previously my alt - on the Bertox server. He's 75 now, and I'm 2 kills away from Epic 1.5. Just over 200 AAs. 11k unbuffed!

They revamped Old Guk and BlackBurrow recently into lvl 75-80 zones, and crazy 350hp gear was dropping left and right. Almost all the newbies will have a chance to be geared up with it. It also sells well in Bazaar. Old Guk is back to the old style now, but the Darkened Flowing Black Silk Sash had 35% haste on it, 350 hp, and another spell good for another 5% haste and some atk. Killer.

My Ranger has crap weapons, but he's sporting a 36/28 primary, and a 26/20 offhand. Crits now break 1000. My old friends all seemed to come back to the game a month or two before I did - so I guess we all got the bug at the same time. That's the only reason I stayed past the first free month again.

Also a little Perfect Dark Zero here and there.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 am

Perfect Dark Zero? Really? I played through the single player game once and it was more than enough.

In the past week:

A fair amount of Soul Claibur IV, beefing up my created characters to make it through the Tower Of Souls. Very difficult single player game this time. Online mode seems to work very well with little lag for local opponents, but I'm sad to say Xbox Live won't even let me connect to friends in Maryland and California because of distance lag issues.

Braid on Xbox Live is well worth its $15 price tag, as its some of the most infuriating and rewarding puzzles ever concieved, even if the game itself plays identical to Super Mario Brothers with a rewind button.

LEGO Star Wars is still refreshing, even as we are days away from the worst Star Wars movie ever (and thats saying something)

Madden 09 All Play on Wii. Its gimped from the 360/ps3 releases to make it more friendly for casuals, but stuff like selecting plays and the very techinical nature of football in the first place may keep it from reaching the audience. Too complex for soccer moms, too easy for jersey wearing armchair quarterbacks. In my first game I did take Rodgers and the pack to a 49-7 victory over a Favre-less Jets, which was satisfying.

Finally, Geometry Wars 2, which is such an incredible time sink. I didn't stop until I beat every score on my friend list, and then I sent threatening messages to those friends daring them to beat me again. I've yet to even try the multiplayer. An easier jump in and play game than Galaxies or the original GeoWars.

Oh and Chronotron. More on that later.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby uwstudent » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby aaron » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:51 pm

"So Many Stars" - Jane Monheit
aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lardheppus » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:
Lardheppus, I'm thinking about going to Woodman's today....and as for gaming, my kids are trying to get me to play Runescape. Just registered my username yesterday.

I thought you were banned from Woodman's after the asparagus incident. :shock:

I haven't tried Runescape. If I do try another RPG, it'll probably be Progress Quest. Progress Quest promises to eliminate all the drudgery of doing the same run over and over for experience, gold and items. It's sure to revolutionize the RPG industry.
lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby Bunny Chow » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:24 pm

lardheppus wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:

I thought you were banned from Woodman's after the asparagus incident. :shock:

Squat tag isn't as much fun at Woodman's now that it's $2.39/lbs for asparagus.

The carmelites have it made......
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lardheppus » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:

Are you saying squat tag is habit forming?
lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby Bunny Chow » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:54 pm

oops
Last edited by Bunny Chow on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:
lardheppus wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:

Are you saying squat tag is habit forming?

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Technology & Video Games