MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

WSJ TV-Section Now In Thursdays Paper

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Re: WSJ TV-Section Now In Thursdays Paper

Postby lardheppus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:40 pm

The newsstand version of the Journal-Sentinel no longer includes a TV section. If you subscribe, you can get a TV section, but you have to specifically request it.

The Wisconsin State Urinal seems to have dropped a weekly TV section, but will do some sort of monthly thing next month. Presumably it's only for subscribers.

This would appear to be an excellent opportunity for someone to step in and fill the void, perhaps a certain entertainment weekly. :wink: :wink:
lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby gozer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:34 pm

i've noticed since long about 15. september or so that the sunday milwaukee journal-sentinel is more likely to contain the television section if u get it at a petrol concern like kwik rob or p.d.r. whereas the ones i have picked up at walgreens or pick & lick do not -- i am holding one in my hand here from this week in one i got from a news-stand at an area p.d.r. -- i am not sure what causes this pattern but assume it is eventually going to get worse....
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

gozer wrote:a petrol concern like kwik rob or p.d.r. whereas the ones i have picked up at walgreens or pick & lick

I have to ask--are you 11? And a member of the British royalty?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
gozer wrote:a petrol concern like kwik rob or p.d.r. whereas the ones i have picked up at walgreens or pick & lick

well, i guess now we know about yer sexual fantasies...but what have u to say about the subject of this thread or the broader media issue?

my observations of the posts u do elsewhere make me think that u could be an above-average or better contributor to this board of not-so-oft heard/read opinions here were u not so insistent on acting like an angry spitting cobra (naja nigricollis) all the time and picking fights with people who are different from u in order to allay the fear that u are really a rube and a provincial and/or to make the trollophobes here in high places and low feel good about their error and conspiracy theories about "sock puppets" and other such.

get with the programme, pal. i seems that for 99 per cent of posters i.d.p.f. is either a labour of love or repository for venom, and having come up with the antivenin here about eight years ago we don't need any more loads from u, dig?
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 am

gozer wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:

well, i guess now we know about yer sexual fantasies...but what have u to say about the subject of this thread or the broader media issue?

my observations of the posts u do elsewhere make me think that u could be an above-average or better contributor to this board of not-so-oft heard/read opinions here were u not so insistent on acting like an angry spitting cobra (naja nigricollis) all the time and picking fights with people who are different from u in order to allay the fear that u are really a rube and a provincial and/or to make the trollophobes here in high places and low feel good about their error and conspiracy theories about "sock puppets" and other such.

get with the programme, pal. i seems that for 99 per cent of posters i.d.p.f. is either a labour of love or repository for venom, and having come up with the antivenin here about eight years ago we don't need any more loads from u, dig?

I'm sorry, my web browser filters out all single letters other than A and I, so I was unable to fully comprehend your post.

But I completely agree with what others have posted in this thread, that a certain alt-weekly publication could make good by picking up the TV listing slack. Not that I personally think it's that important (and no, I don't have digital cable or satellite, so no on-screen menu for me), but obviously some folks do.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 am

TheBookPolice wrote:
I'm sorry, my web browser filters out all single letters other than A and I, so I was unable to fully comprehend your post.

heh heh heh, i figured as much.

whatever happened to unpredictability ...

But I completely agree with what others have posted in this thread, that a certain alt-weekly publication could make good by picking up the TV listing slack. Not that I personally think it's that important (and no, I don't have digital cable or satellite, so no on-screen menu for me), but obviously some folks do.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to TV