MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Franken stealing the election?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Franken stealing the election?

Postby Bland » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:39 pm

white_rabbit wrote:The idea of Flanders being a jjoyce sock-puppet suddenly makes a lot of sense.

People, you can tell that first post was by Joyce proper and not Flanders because of his contemptuous reference to "boomers."

But what I want to know is, where the hell did he go?
What's with the "drop a bullshit bomb and flee" crap?
You'd think after 28 responses calling him out, he might have something more to say y'know?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrs. mcdonell » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:45 pm

[sound of needle across record] NEVERMORE! are you actually on the daily page right now from your vacation location?! mrs. nevermore should kick your ass. i hope you are at least eating some decent pastry in that internet cafe....
mrs. mcdonell
Forum Addict

Postby acereraser » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Bland wrote:But what I want to know is, where the hell did he go?
What's with the "drop a bullshit bomb and flee" crap?
You'd think after 28 responses calling him out, he might have something more to say y'know?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he realized how clumsy it was to charge Franken with carpetbaggery when his opponent is the very model of a modern major carpetbagger. Coleman still has a New York accent, fer cryin' in the beer, and I shook Coleman's hand at a State Democratic Convention while he was still mayor of St. Paul.

So, what's yer beef, jjoyce?
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:42 am

Bland wrote:What's with the "drop a bullshit bomb and flee" crap?

weapons of mass destruction come to the i.d.p.f. flame wars! heh heh heh -- that is why u can't find him. look in syria or in a "spider hole"
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 am

mrs. mcdonell wrote:[sound of needle across record] NEVERMORE! are you actually on the daily page right now from your vacation location?! mrs. nevermore should kick your ass. i hope you are at least eating some decent pastry in that internet cafe....

Pfft...Internet cafes are for suckers who lack the sense to haul a laptop with them to Europe. As I wake up earlier, it gives me something to do after I hike down the hill to get my daily baguette at one of the about ten boulangeries within a few blocks of the apartment. As for pastries, I haven't had a decent one yet. I doubt the French are capable of making a decent pastry, much less an inedible one.
nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 am

First of all Coleman served as the very popular mayor of St. Paul. He's been here for years. America's Favorite Funnyman came back after decades specifically to run for Senate.

Secondly, the fix appears to be in:

"The Minneapolis Star Tribune attributed these types of mistakes to “exhausted county officials,” and that indeed might be true, but the sizes of the errors in these three precincts are surprisingly large.

Indeed, the 504 total new votes for Franken from all the precincts is greater than adding together all the changes for all the precincts in the entire state for the presidential, congressional, and state house races combined (a sum of 482). It was also true that precincts that gave Obama a larger percentage of the vote were statistically more likely to make a correction that helped Franken."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449334,00.html
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lil bunny fufu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:First of all Coleman served as the very popular mayor of St. Paul. He's been here for years. America's Favorite Funnyman came back after decades specifically to run for Senate.

Secondly, the fix appears to be in:

"The Minneapolis Star Tribune attributed these types of mistakes to “exhausted county officials,” and that indeed might be true, but the sizes of the errors in these three precincts are surprisingly large.

Indeed, the 504 total new votes for Franken from all the precincts is greater than adding together all the changes for all the precincts in the entire state for the presidential, congressional, and state house races combined (a sum of 482). It was also true that precincts that gave Obama a larger percentage of the vote were statistically more likely to make a correction that helped Franken."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449334,00.html

Again, where's the actual evidence that Franken or his staff had any involvment in anything that would invalidate the vote tally? Was Franken's campaign chief in charge of administering the voting? Was Franken's campaign staff in charge of training poll workers? Was Franken's campaign staff in charge of vote tallying?

Where's the beef, people? I'm open to the possibility of what you and others are asserting, but you gotta have something to back up the assertion.
lil bunny fufu
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Can't you...uh find a credible news agency to quote?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Coleman is a horrendous hack, deserving of being tossed out on his ass and replaced by anyone but Al freakin' Franken, a horrendous hack in his own right. Certainly a funny guy, brazenly capable of writing and performing comedy and satire, Franken set the DFL back 25 years in his ego-centric quest for the Senate.

Consider that nearly any other Dem candidate would have cake-walked over Coleman in this election where Obama won the state by a landslide. Hell, even Dean "Jesse the Body's Gopher Boy" Barkley dramatically benefited from all the "anyone but these two jerks" votes cast.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:38 pm

There it is, folks. There's the defense of claims of election fraud we've all been waiting for.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lil bunny fufu » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm

jjoyce wrote:Coleman is a horrendous hack, deserving of being tossed out on his ass and replaced by anyone but Al freakin' Franken, a horrendous hack in his own right. Certainly a funny guy, brazenly capable of writing and performing comedy and satire, Franken set the DFL back 25 years in his ego-centric quest for the Senate.

Consider that nearly any other Dem candidate would have cake-walked over Coleman in this election where Obama won the state by a landslide. Hell, even Dean "Jesse the Body's Gopher Boy" Barkley dramatically benefited from all the "anyone but these two jerks" votes cast.

Weak tea. And that's being charitable. You've got nothing on Sarah Palin when it comes to ignoring a direct question . . .

Do you stand by your initial accusation or not? If so, where's the beef? If not, where's the, "wow, I didn't think this shoe'd be so tasty" or the "I know I had my head up my ass but at least my ears were warm"?
lil bunny fufu
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm

jjoyce wrote:Coleman is a horrendous hack,

yes, i would say that is quite plausible

deserving of being tossed out on his ass and replaced by anyone but Al freakin' Franken, a horrendous hack in his own right.

that is correct

Certainly a funny guy, brazenly capable of writing and performing comedy and satire, Franken set the DFL back 25 years in his ego-centric quest for the Senate.

Consider that nearly any other Dem candidate would have cake-walked over Coleman in this election

...and with a blue tsunami of his/her own since mr barkley would have vacuumed up many more votes, tactical and otherwise, from senator coleman

where Obama won the state by a landslide. Hell, even Dean "Jesse the Body's Gopher Boy" Barkley dramatically benefited from all the "anyone but these two jerks" votes cast.

who's afraid of my big bad weenie?
rub it and see if it's got a genie
gonna make disappear this ten-inch zucchini
just like houdini

--the onion, 22.x.1998
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:53 pm

good evening mr franken
ms rodham-clinton how are u?
u have so much in common
in the things u do
and here comes barney frank
he talks of common ground
does that include taxpayers
or is it just a sound
a sound that quakes
u people have got to watch the sounds u make
a sound that quakes
the fear & loathing on main street still reverberates

republicans take a look around
do they see what some of them have done?
what about people in yer district back home
who could have used that $700b to have a lot of fun?
the platitudes that flow so freely
from some in the g.o.p.
in 2012 will u nullify them again
like the la follette/n.p.l. smear in 1918?

o common ground
is solving the crisis a word or just a sound?
o common ground
when the going gets tough why do u burn everything to the ground?

if i ran for county clerk
and was a member of the wobblies
wouldn't u call me on it
the way i call u on tommy the commie?
and blaska, mr blaska
can anyone force yer hand
or is it that u like mass confusion
and c.a. mc g holding yer hand?

o is it true?
it's time to kick when u don't know what to do
o is it true?
political parties are not things that come best in twos

good evening mr franken
ms rodham-clinton how are u
when i see a carpet bag on the luggage rack
it reminds me so of u

and sen frank is on my mind
as stock market resumes it slide
will the bail-out & stimulus packages work
or next election will u have to go and hide?

or is it true?
when interest rates hit zero what are the fed, e.c.b. and others to do?

or is it true?
the fed is just odometre tamperers in an office with a view

it may be true
what's good for c.e.o.s may not be optimal for me and u (slam. bang.)
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 pm

jjoyce wrote:Coleman is a horrendous hack, deserving of being tossed out on his ass and replaced by anyone but Al freakin' Franken, a horrendous hack in his own right. Certainly a funny guy, brazenly capable of writing and performing comedy and satire, Franken set the DFL back 25 years in his ego-centric quest for the Senate.

So, are you saying that Franken stole the rightful win from the DFL, and unwittingly delivered it to the GOP? That, as a thesis, at least is arguable. Your first post seems to accuse Franken of election fraud, without any evidence, and is not backed-up by your subsequent post, above. In fact, you appear to have dropped the point entirely, even though you are the author of the thread.

Interesting tactic, you have been learning from Master Flanders.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Old School Johnny » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:16 pm

jjoyce wrote:My view of Franken is that he's a carpet bagger who couldn't wait to get away from Minnesota...

Anyone else enjoying the irony of joyce, who has sported a Wisconsin zip code lo these many years, complaining about Franken abandoning Minnesota as a youth to pursue academic/career opportunities elsewhere? Project much?
Old School Johnny
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government