MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Health Club - What's with that person?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Health Club - What's with that person?

Postby Right Bower » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 am

Guy who blow dries his entire body, including pubic region

Guy who fainted on his treadmill and no one was around at the front desk so I had to call 911.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby gargantua » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am

Guy who never washes his workout gear. I actually had to leave the treadmill on a busy night because dude smelled so bad it was making me gag.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Right Bower wrote: Guy who fainted on his treadmill and no one was around at the front desk so I had to call 911.

I was on a cruise once and the sea was very rough and the gym was at the front of the ship with big windows in front of the treadmills facing the swaying horizon. I don't know how he managed so long but a guy was running at a good speed for awhile but then we saw him start to flail and out go his legs, bang he hits the belt, and it throws him a good three feet behind the machine. It was ugly.

I didn't help that guy either.

I've often wondered...if there's a power outage at the princeton club do all those people on the treadmills just go running into the control panels?? I might pay to see that.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby anyportinastorm » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:23 pm

the guys who get all worked up and can't wait to get home..or their car...and decide its alright to have sex in the showers because they have curtains--that they actually close all the way..sometimes. One of the many reasons I left Princeton Club...I witnessed it at least once a month..no matter what time of the day! Usually guy on guy in the locker-room but a couple of co-eds in the saunas, as well. Maybe I am old school--but doing it in those dirty little showers???!! Eventually someone is going to kick their a**
anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 pm

You fulla shit, portie.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Yes he certainly is. I have been going to the Princeton Club regularly for years and have not seen two dudes fucking in the showers ever. So the odds that you could see that every month are miraculous to the point of proving you are full of shit, port. A more valid reason to leave the Princeton Club is the vapid, annoying syrup they consider music that spills out of the in-house speakers at a loud volume. Leading me to turn up the volume on the mp3 player furthering the downward spiral of my tinnitus.

Back to the subject of the thread I had a what's up moment at the gym a couple weeks ago with an elderly woman repeatedly farting loud at pilates class a couple weeks ago. I'm guessing she consumed many legumes the day before. Due to the music and my proximity, I think I was the only who could hear the blasts of air exiting her colon. They didn't smell or I was downwind so mostly it just made morning pilates more funny and interesting than usual.

Furthermore regarding spandex. Spandex should only be worn by superheroes or members of hair metal bands. Certainly never by sweaty fat people. And enough with the barb wire armband and superman S tattoos. Sun Prairie, get some fresh ideas.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 am

Right Bower wrote:Guy who blow dries his entire body, including pubic region

Maybe he learned that in jail, as Blunt did.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:52 am

Among teh gays Princeton Club has the reputation of being supercruisy.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 am

Kenneth Burns wrote:Among teh gays Princeton Club has the reputation of being supercruisy.

That is hilarious given the conservative/religious nature of the owners!

Charliedontsurf - pilates in Sun Prairie? That is so punk rock! (just giving you a hard time)
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:14 pm

oh, i stand behind my original post! Take a look through the craigslist personals sometime! I agree with the point about the owners religious philosophy----which is another reason why I choose to leave, when they started holding church services in the gym and we couldn't play basketball!
anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby juanton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 pm

anyportinastorm wrote:oh, i stand behind my original post! Take a look through the craigslist personals sometime!

No thanks. If you're looking at the Craigslist personal M4M ads, aren't you then, yourself, "looking"?

"No officer, I was just doing research on Craigslist, saw the ad, and came here to the Princeton Club to put a stop to it. I'm not sure how that dick ended up in my mouth."
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 pm

hmm...don't recall saying i was against anyone meeting people online in my post..just the carrying out of the physical act in the locker room of my gym. do you understand the difference now...? I was just responding to the original question of this thread--annoying behaviors/manners/etiquette encountered at your gym--or am i missing the point?
Last edited by anyportinastorm on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby juanton » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 pm

That's not what I said either. Do you understand the difference?
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:45 pm

yes..you are trying to hijack the thread away from its original intent.
anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:47 pm

anyportinastorm wrote:oh, i stand behind my original post! Take a look through the craigslist personals sometime! I agree with the point about the owners religious philosophy----which is another reason why I choose to leave, when they started holding church services in the gym and we couldn't play basketball!
Do you really stand by the statement that you see people fucking in the showers on a monthly basis? Again that seems quite statistically suspect having gone there regularly for between 5 and 10 years myself and having not witnessed that so much as once. If there is cruising going on its fairly subtle and discrete to my untrained eye.
Stomach wrote:Charliedontsurf - pilates in Sun Prairie? That is so punk rock! (just giving you a hard time)

Well point one, Princeton Club East so not bona fide Sun Prairie. But I do get the feeling most of the people there are from eastern Madison or the Sun Prairie area. Its certainly a different demographic than if I am at one of my usual haunts downtown where I live.

I know you are just giving me a hard time, but to me taking care of yourself to be in it for the long haul and being strong enough to defend yourself if the need arrive are quite punk rock. There's plenty of time to indulge in nihilism on the weekend. Balance, grasshopper.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All