MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Thunderstorm Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Channel 27...the bastids

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Re: Channel 27...the bastids

Postby chainsawcurtis » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:55 am

barney wrote:You've got options:

1) SoapNet - runs that nights episode that evening, and also the next morning, and also full week on the weekend
2) ABC.com has the full eps on their website
3) TiVo (this won't help you now, but in the future) - it will get it for you at 2:35 or whenever get rescheduled.

1. Don't have cable or satellite.
2. Tried that but unless you have the latest zip zop zooey browser apps and really high speed interwebs and computers (we're only at 1.5meg and our macs run mostly at under 700mhz) the video is hard to watch - locks up, crashes.
3. Who can afford a tivo when you can't afford cable or dish?...

The sports thing...March madness does go right over my head because I didn't go to college and was basically forced to play bball in high school by p.e. teachers and hated it. But I always know opening day is around the beginning of April because baseball is the thinking man's sport ;-). And football screws up a lot of Sunday gig opportunities so I have to be aware of Packer games. Opera season at the Met starts tonight with a 125th anniversary gala at also celebrates Placido Domingo's 40th anniversary with the Met.
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Do you still have a VCR? Put in a long playing tape, connect to converter and set timed recording for longest possible time frame.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Some things are better unknown

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:26 am

Shipley wrote: What they fuck?

I don't know what they fuck.

What's more - I don't wanna know.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 pm

explore your fantasies.

alt.cock
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby EastSideTom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm not a fan of opera, but I know there's an opera in that park out on the West side every summer. After the third or fourth year, I begin to notice a pattern, having paid attention to what's going on around me.
If I should run into a traffic jam there on Mineral Point Road, I don't immediately assume I've been victimized by the Madison Opera, nor should anyone feel they've been victimized by Channel 27 because their TV show runs at a different time.
EastSideTom
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Spoiler alert: Boys basketball will pre-empt the ABC soaps this Thursday and Friday. And the NCAA tournament will do likewise to CBS's slate.

March is a bad month for the serials.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 am

jjoyce wrote:Spoiler alert: Boys basketball will pre-empt the ABC soaps this Thursday and Friday. And the NCAA tournament will do likewise to CBS's slate.

March is a bad month for the serials.

Thank goodness I won't miss CSI this week when I'm on vacation. But my wife will be pissed that I forgot to DVR ER.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to TV