MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

BSG finale party, anyone?

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

BSG finale party, anyone?

Postby AndyWx80 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:17 am

i'm wondering if there are any battlestar galactica finale parties this evening. anyone know of any open to the public?
AndyWx80
Forum Addict

Re: BSG finale party, anyone?

Postby Velvet Coffin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:59 am

There ought to be, oughtn't there? We could really creep out the non-geeks in a public space with our slow claps and our chanted "So say we all!"s. But my probable tears at the end of this great show will fall only in front of my significant other. There's less shame that way.
Velvet Coffin
Forum Addict

Postby AndyWx80 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 pm

there haven't been many tears for me this season, but i'm expecting them to pour tonight. i don't have sci-fi and was hoping to watch it with others so as to avoid seeing/seeking out spoilers before i get to watch it on itunes.

i know there are "frak parties" in bigger cities tonight but haven't heard about any in madison. ah well.
AndyWx80
Forum Addict

Postby Ed Breakfast » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:59 am

So what did y'all think?
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AndyWx80 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 am

it was pretty much everything that made me love BSG in the first place. it's bittersweet that the only show i've ever been addicted to is over, but i'm more or less content with the way they wrapped everything up. there have to be all sorts of awards coming to them, too - the CGI was the best i've ever seen, most of the acting was superb (especially laura...wow), and the music always pushed my tears over the edge. :)

the only thing i'm left wondering is when the centurions will return....
AndyWx80
Forum Addict

Postby Beer Moon » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:24 am

I hated Laura, actually. I have never liked her - ever since dances w/ wolves she does something weird with her R's - it's very distracting to me.

She certainly had a great character though. You really wanted to hate her for a lot of things she did, but overall you could really identify with her motivation for acting the way she did.

In true geek style, I watched the Badgers with friends Friday night, and recorded BSG to watch on my own time, sans commercials. Well, except the Caprica commercials that I didn't skip.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Return to TV