MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 14, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Charter Server Outage?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Charter Server Outage?

Postby erinscissorhands » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:32 am

Hey is anybody having problems with Charter today/last night (On the West Side)?

I remember they had a big server problem for a couple days a while back, so I'm hoping it's that again and not my computer. Last time this happened I was able to chat online with a Charter rep but it looks like they have done away with live chat.
erinscissorhands

Re: Charter Server Outage?

Postby Huckleby » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:13 am

My charter service is perfectly fine. Why don't you try -$!..
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Charter Server Outage?

Postby erinscissorhands » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 pm

So after spending 2 hours on the phone with Charter, they told me that I most likely have a virus.

I haven't been able to get onto about 90% of websites since yesterday. They told me to bring my computer to a tech because there was nothing they could do.

So after I got off the phone with them, I hopped onto a different network with my computer...just some random one that I found I haven't seen my internet load this quickly in MONTHS. All the websites work. No problems. Super fast.

That being said, what decent high speed internet options are there in Madison other than Charter? Or could it be my linksys thing that's effed up? All I know is that it has been somewhat slow for months and now it doesn't do anything. Oh and I haven't been able to get gmail to load properly for a very long time but with this other network I have no issues at all.

Any ideas?

Any suggestions would be awesome.
erinscissorhands

Return to Technology & Video Games