MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 12.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Stop teasing us Chuck Schick

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Stop teasing us Chuck Schick

Postby Marvell » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:41 pm

jjoyce wrote:Is Chuck the only foron with his own boobs?

Short answer: no.

Mine are real. And they are spectacular.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:And what the fuck is up with some of you assholes jumping all over Walter? Jesus, the most compelling and entertaining foron to join the fray in a long-ass time and some of you dicks gotta go all "fuck tha po-lice" on him. Nice work there, fuckwads.

What you said.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Having no desire to join the bobo party, but an urge to once again try to explain why when one person is crude and obnoxious he gets the heave-ho, but when another does the same thing he is celebrated.

Chuck is/was attached to a real person who has/had some feelings about the community. When you asked him for a New Recruits sticker, he got you one. When you wondered about where to go for a decent eggs benedict, he contributed to the discussion. He was unpredictable.

Obviously, since the second username came along (I'm convinced it was written by more than one person, but I don't really care) with anonymity rather than participation as its top priority, it was doomed. In that way, it proved what we already know about trolls on TDP: They're not so much interested in the interaction as in causing a problem and not having to personally own up to it.

I just always get these emails from the jerks we kick off that say something like "Chuck Schick got away with doing a lot worse than I ever did!" But Chuck also answered his emails and tip-toed away from the edge on the few occasions when he was asked. Some get it, some don't, I guess.

Spending more time thinking about this stuff might lead to a book, but who the hell would read it?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Wags, you might notice that I stopped singing the Chuck Schick praise hymn some time ago. As an online alter-ego, he's a former regular Foron, missed. Like kurt_w or cubanat.

I'm no more instrumental in getting people banned or whatever than MattRockLoganHopper was in getting people to abandon their cars along the roadside.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:28 pm

The "fuck the police" thing just comes with the territory.

It's what a drunk spoiled college kid yells while waiting in line with fifty other people at Qdoba when our backs are turned because he knows he won't get the verbal or physical spanking his parents should have given him a long time ago. He feels all strong when he's anonymous in front of his buddies, but alone it's all "yes, sir" and "no, sir".

As great as it would feel to respond, there's no point in it.

Chuck and others, I appreciate the compliments. You make me blush.

Qdoba guys, whatever. My hurt locker isn't even half full yet.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:And what the fuck is up with some of you assholes jumping all over Walter? Jesus, the most compelling and entertaining foron to join the fray in a long-ass time and some of you dicks gotta go all "fuck tha po-lice" on him. Nice work there, fuckwads.

I have also had some trouble understanding this one. In my opinion, Walter's posts have livened up the joint quite a bit. I usually find myself in the down on Po-Po camp, yet Walter's posts continually cause me to reevaluate the pile of stupid pig stereotypes I have carried with me for so long.

By the way, thanks for the detailed response Chuck. Fan boys such as myself will just have to move on.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Well, I miss ya, Chuck. I'm not big fan of kinder/gentler.

I am a fan of Walter, though. I like living in a town where seeing a cop generally makes me feel better, not worse.

I once watched Officer Jean (then based in the Willy St firehouse) diffuse an impending street rumble in front of Jolly Bob's brandishing only a clipboard. Nice.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Maybe I missed something, but the only one I've seen giving Walter a hard time is that chump GODDOG. Everyone else (here's where I raise my hand with the rest of the fawning horde) has been slurping Walter since he first parked his Foronic squad car in our no-parking zone.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I agree with TBP, there are far more of us on the forum that have been gracious, even to the point of fawning over Walter than those who have been insultive. However, if I recall correctly and I don't have time to search for it now, there were some pretty ugly words tossed at Walter prior to the election over the endorsement billboard of Maniaci. Walter indicated that's why he walked away from the forum until after the election, but I'm glad he's back.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 pm

juanton wrote: Edited to remove personal jab at Wagstaff.

Well, I didn't see the jab, but rest assured, no editing was necessary. I can take the jabs, especially if deserved (and they often are, even some of Jammybastard's... but don't tell'em I said so.) And this in some way neatly encapsulates one of my points. The current crop of Forons often seem unable to handle a little shit-slinging, which is a shame, 'cuz it's fun. And yes, I'm a shit-talker/know-it-all in real-life too, so it's not like I'm playing some kinda character on here. I'm no more anonymous than Chuck ever was. Several Forons (you included, right?) have approached me offline and none of those encounters were ever ugly. Harrissimo and I have even shook hands! (And I'm sure I'll be seeing more of him once The New Kites start playing out.) Heck, I'm still waiting to meet up with BookPolice again just so I can pay him the $10 he's owed for my piss-poor Presidential prediction.

And speaking of BP...
TheBookPolice wrote:I'm no more instrumental in getting people banned or whatever than MattRockLoganHopper was in getting people to abandon their cars along the roadside.
:mrgreen:
Fair enough.

jjoyce wrote:I'm convinced it was written by more than one person, but I don't really care

You are correct.
The username in question was actually created by me and another Foron, specifically to fuck with Chuck. But it never worked -- we kept baiting him and baiting him but never managed to illicit the full-on Schicksian Fury. Which probably just proves that no matter how hard I try, I'm incapable of being as utterly foolish as those who actually do raise Chuck's ire.
At some point, I came clean and passed along the password to Chuck. But rest assured, it was his posts which led to the suspension, not mine (or anyone else's...) And I'm sorry, but it was funny watching Chuck's cheerleaders swarm over his alter-ego... but then, I lead an admittedly sheltered existence, so mileage may vary.

Finally, Walter rules.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Heck, I'm still waiting to meet up with BookPolice again just so I can pay him the $10 he's owed for my piss-poor Presidential prediction.

I know, I know. Marvell can testify that I do come out of my cave for a beer every now and then, but it's a busy time o' year for me. Current activity notwithstanding.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:I'm no more anonymous than Chuck ever was. Several Forons (you included, right?) have approached me offline and none of those encounters were ever ugly.

Yes, indeed.

I'm sure some folks would consider my Happy Noon High Hour ramblings, all dressed up in whiskey and cigarette breath, fairly ugly though.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Maybe I missed something, but the only one I've seen giving Walter a hard time is that chump GODDOG. Everyone else (here's where I raise my hand with the rest of the fawning horde) has been slurping Walter since he first parked his Foronic squad car in our no-parking zone.

There was another ugly, undeserved tirade against him that was non-election related, but around the same time. It was pretty obvious the author carried a major grudge against all cops.

That and the election brew-ha-ha had me wondering if he had had enough and permanently tossed in the forum towel. Glad to see that's not the case.

Btw, is it still slurping if you don't make any noise?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:37 pm

ilikebeans wrote:Btw, is it still slurping if you don't make any noise?

It is, but with the benefit of being able to do it in a movie theater without attracting undue attention.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:48 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
ilikebeans wrote:Btw, is it still slurping if you don't make any noise?

It is, but with the benefit of being able to do it in a movie theater without attracting undue attention.

"ha ha!"
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com