MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 16.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Jon + 8 / Kate + 8

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Jon + 8 / Kate + 8

Postby supaunknown » Tue May 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Season 5 premiere last night.
Dark. Sad. Ouch.

Jon was evasive, pissed off, and possibly on meds.
Kate was busy, blindly indignant, and is about to be named People Mag's #1 Villainess in America.

The love is gone. Damn.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Jon + 8 / Kate + 8

Postby fisticuffs » Tue May 26, 2009 4:45 pm

I don;t have any room left in my brain for this kind of stupid. Rock of Love done filled 'er up. Then the GF decides she wants to watch Rock of Love Charm School and I'm all like uh-uh. Go in the other room.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LLUrbanUnderachiever » Tue May 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Had a friend who said they should change the title to Jon and Kate + Hate.
LLUrbanUnderachiever
Forum Addict

Postby Igor » Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am

I'm still having a hard time understanding the continued appeal of reality TV. They can't even make the "Local Couple, along with an effeminate designer, renovate their neighbor's laundry room" shows on HG interesting without scripting pretty much everything.

I did see 3-4 episodes of this show - the early ones where they showed them just getting through the day seemed a lot more fun to watch than "Mommy and the three boys go on Oprah" etc. that they did later.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 am

I think Kate got accustomed to the limelight. Obviously moreso than Jon. The kids have been raised in it so they don't know any other way of life.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 pm

If Jon really did cheat, who can blame the guy?
Kate's an immasculating & bossy ball-buster! And that hair-style :shock:
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bigote » Sun May 31, 2009 2:09 pm

MadMind wrote:And that hair-style :shock:

Yeah that hair is hideous.
Bigote

Postby white_rabbit » Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Her Suze Orman hairstyle is just fine and comments such as these, even if they are thrown out as whimsy, are sexist. Madmind, if you are serious about why you are unable to attract a mate maybe you should take a good look at some of the shit that falls out of your mouth. And if Jon did cheat on Kate then I'm glad that Kate is banging the bodyguard.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 am

white_rabbit wrote:Her Suze Orman hairstyle is just fine and comments such as these, even if they are thrown out as whimsy, are sexist. Madmind, if you are serious about why you are unable to attract a mate maybe you should take a good look at some of the shit that falls out of your mouth. And if Jon did cheat on Kate then I'm glad that Kate is banging the bodyguard.

Dude, the babe looks liked she just got shocked in the back of the head or is wearing some sort of indian headress.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am

T-Boz
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mayact4 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Bigote wrote:

That hairstyle certainly makes me question the "realism" of this show (among other things, of course). No mother of 8, heck, no mother of 2, would have time to do that hair every day.
mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby supaunknown » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:23 pm

mayact4 wrote:
Bigote wrote:

That hairstyle certainly makes me question the "realism" of this show (among other things, of course). No mother of 8, heck, no mother of 2, would have time to do that hair every day.

Well, TV is basically her 'job', so having her hair done, slapping on makeup, and tightening the Captain Kirk girdle are in her best interest.

I understand why busy moms get the lo-maintenence short haircut after having kids, but it's the equivalent of George Costanza when he started wearing sweatpants around during the the day. They're saying to the world, "I give up. Please no longer view me as a sexual being."
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby small cheese » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:29 pm

supaunknown wrote:I understand why busy moms get the lo-maintenence short haircut after having kids, but it's the equivalent of George Costanza when he started wearing sweatpants around during the the day. They're saying to the world, "I give up. Please no longer view me as a sexual being."

If I grew my hair longer, would I be able to nab for myself a reality show watching, sensitive and non-judgmental man like you?
small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 pm

small cheese wrote:
supaunknown wrote:I understand why busy moms get the lo-maintenence short haircut after having kids, but it's the equivalent of George Costanza when he started wearing sweatpants around during the the day. They're saying to the world, "I give up. Please no longer view me as a sexual being."

If I grew my hair longer, would I be able to nab for myself a reality show watching, sensitive and non-judgmental man like you?

Aw shit. I had a feeling that sharing my stinkin' overgeneralization on this would bring me some grief. Sorry. I should've kept my pet pervy opinion to myself.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby small cheese » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:17 pm

No worries! When I was on here before I was a fan of yours, one stupid generalization isn't going to make that go away. And your opinion is just that - it didn't hurt my feelings or anything.

I was really just trying to get back into the groove of the DPF. WTF is going on in this place? Shouldn't you be asking me how long it's been since I've gotten laid? 'Cuz you just might be onto something...
small cheese
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to TV