MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Who do you want answers from?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Who do you want answers from?

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Jazznews wrote:Annie Laurie Gaylor

Oh God, please don't.

That woman already has a radio show that's capable of boring your pets to death should you accidentally leave it on while you're doing something more interesting than listening along (which would be anything).

We get it Laurie. You're an atheist. Me too. And yet, I pray to God daily that you'll just go way the fuck away.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 pm

I hate it when jerks try to push their non-beliefs on me! :)

Never heard of her. How does she fill time? (Not well?)
"There is no God" ad nauseum? I believe! I believe!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 pm

supaunknown wrote:Never heard of her. How does she fill time? (Not well?)
"There is no God" ad nauseum? I believe! I believe!

She heads up the Freedom From Religion Foundation. I expect to have heard her show you'd have to have been a member of a cult with the ATF blasting this radio snore-fest at your compound at excruciating decibels in hopes of driving you out.

But yeah, it's atheists talking to other atheists, essentially about how much smarter they are than the devout, what not having fallen prey to any particular dogma. Mostly it comes across as the godless making fun of other peoples faiths. Which, if your aim is to win support is just fucking retarded PR.

And the "Sleep In On Sundays" bus banner is pretty fucking dumb too, albeit a great demonstration of where your money goes if you piss it away on these boring, ineffectual fuckers.

I mean, is it just Christ they have a beef with? If not, someone ought to educate these numbskulls that Sunday isn't the sabbath for every faith out there. Would it kill you to know a little something about the thing you're railing against?

Real atheists don't have time for these self-congratulatory fucking morons.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Wed May 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Annie's mother Ann was more level headed.

They have done some good things, trying to keep the super religious from shoving religion down the throats of people who would rather not see or hear about it. They try to enforce the 1st Amendment - to make sure the government is not getting involved in religion. I'm glad they do that. It has made things easier for those who don't believe in God as well as those who are from non-Christian religions.

Annie tends to go overboard sometimes.

Her husband, Dan Barker, is a former evangelical minister who lost his faith over time - questioned the things he had learned and decided they were not really rational. He might be interesting to have answer questions.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu May 28, 2009 9:03 am

Jazznews wrote:Annie's mother Ann was more level headed.

Genghis Khan was more level headed.

They try to enforce the 1st Amendment - to make sure the government is not getting involved in religion. I'm glad they do that. It has made things easier for those who don't believe in God as well as those who are from non-Christian religions.

Really? I'm as godless as the next guy, and I'm all for church/state separation, but have their crusades (heh) to eliminate public Christmas displays really made a big difference in your life? If so, then we have vastly different priorities, you and I.

Annie tends to go overboard sometimes.

My problem is that the most visible protests this organization launches are inevitably the silliest (and make the FFRF appear equally so, to both believers and non). Not to mention the holier-than-thou vibe they radiate, which, though deliciously ironic on its face, wears thin pretty quickly.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Metallicist » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:56 am

The fuckers that I share the road with, most of whom make obvious and egregrious decisions followed by impractical action.

Why?

Shit man. If ya gotta accelerate fucking hit the gas. If you need to brake; just do it, but stay in your fucking lane.
Metallicist

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com