MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Okay, Who Wants A Piece Of Me?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Okay, Who Wants A Piece Of Me?

Postby Chuck_Schick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:I assume more people would want a piece of you if it wasn't so abundantly clear that your moniker and its password has been passed around more times than a joint at a Ben Maisel campaign rally.

Totally fucking untrue, pal. No one has ever posted under this user name but me. Period. I don't know what you think is abundantly clear, but you're so full of shit you're sneezing corn kernels and carrot chunks, you miserable asshole.

Walter's the only one whose jab I understood, frankly. Not sure I get the Woody (insert snide comment here about my lack of virility--see I can insult myself better than you weak-tits) allusion, but yeah, generally I was hoping to stimulate some real debate on this forum.

Those of you who are at least moderately literate have probably noticed that my penchant for invective is generally set aside when someone engages in commentary that's, well, worth commenting on. Sadly, that hasn't been the case lately, what with our resident GOP parrot resorting to his random Flanderizer application and Blaska's predictable pabulum in the form of broad brush strokes about "all you liberals this and all you liberals that."

I guess my time is better spent raising my children so they can kick your kids asses in debate several years down the road. Someone's gotta carry the torch. And just maybe by then this place will have evolved back into something vaguely entertaining or interesting.

So yeah, fuck this place for now. Apologies to the handful of you who specifically requested my return (how many of you humps get those, I wonder?). And best of luck to the rest of you as you banter back and forth about the finer points of Jon and Kate plus their future drains on the state or whatever fucking trivial crap occupies your lizard brains.

Happy trails and fuck all y'all. I mean that in the best possible way.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 pm

C'mon man! Don't be all drama llama-y like that. What's left of the Old Guard appreciates your caust-effective rants, but the noobs probably don't know enough about your sporadically-posting ass to give two shitty posts. And besides, who in their right mind would willfully walk through a door marked "Disemboweling"?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 pm

narcoleptish wrote:
bluethedog wrote:
narcoleptish wrote:All day and I'm the only one that even throws a jab?

I threw one, but apparently it wasn't obvious enough.

Yeah, sorry it did go over my head. I'm not a big fan.

I don't think anybody got it. Sigh.

I don't consider myself a big fan either..but..Annie Hall? Hello?
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:07 am

Chuck_Schick wrote:
Walter's the only one whose jab I understood, frankly.

Yeah, mine was all cryptic and shit. I should have explained that you'd need your captain midnight decoder ring to figure it out, ya fucking douchebag.

Another goodbye AND an MPD suck-up... If all y'all can try to keep the fawning down, hopefully I can do the same with my breakfast.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:04 am

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:12 am

What a frickin' drama queen. You've been eating too much soy Charles.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 pm

I have facts for those who think and arguments for those who reason. You see, I unquestionably believe that Mr. Chuck Schick's abhorrent manuscripts are a sin against nature. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this post, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that we need to offer a framework for discussion so that we can more quickly reach a consensus. Why? Because of what's at stake: literally everything.

If I thought that Chuck's ideas had even a snowball's chance in Hell of doing anything good for anyone, then I wouldn't be so critical. As they stand, however, I can conclude only that I call upon Chuck to stop his oppression, lies, immorality, and debauchery. I call upon him to be a man of manners, principles, honour, and purity. And finally, I call upon him to forgo his desire to preach hatred. The central paradox of his drug-induced ravings, the twist that makes his politics so irresistible to naive, stultiloquent sad sacks, is that these people truly believe that autism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. Chuck's reports constitute an instigation to herald the death of intelligent discourse on this forum. (By the way, saying that last sentence out loud is a nice way to get to the point quickly at a block party. Sadly, lack of space prevents me from elaborating further.)

Chuck's besotted, deluded claims convince me of only one thing: that Chuck's tactics are somewhere between a scam and a sham. An equal but opposite observation is that I sincerely contend that the people Chuck attacks deserve compassion, not insults, put-downs, or stereotypes. My views, of course, are not the issue here. The issue is that he doesn't care about freedom, as he can neither eat it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to him. The erroneous things Chuck says about others are sometimes entertaining, oftentimes sad, and frequently completely cuckoo.

To top that off, if Chuck succeeds in his attempt to foment a radical realignment of industrialized economies, it'll have to be over my dead body.

Those of you who thought that Chuck was finally going to leave us alone are in for a big surprise because Chuck recently announced his support of plans to enslave us, suppress our freedom, regiment our lives, confiscate our property, and dictate our values. I despise everything about him. I despise his attempts to manipulate the public like a puppet dangling from strings. I despise how he insists that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance. Most of all, I despise his complete obliviousness to the fact that in order to enable all people to achieve their potential as human beings we must bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. And that's just the first step. Remember, on the issue of solecism, Chuck is wrong again. Sure, stopping him is front and center in my work. But Chuck is planning to curry favor with officious weirdos using a barrage of flattery, especially recognition of their "value", their "importance", their "educational mission", and other argumentative nonsense. This does not bode well for the future because if history follows its course, it should be evident that if we let him gag free speech, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization.

Conventional wisdom states that Chuck's like a fire hydrant spewing surly, randy vitriol over anyone unfortunate enough to pass by. Hard to believe? Then consider the following statement from one of Chuck's noxious, obnoxious subalterns: "I'm too ungrateful to free people from the fetters of vigilantism's poisonous embrace." Pretty vitriolic, huh? Well, Chuck should start developing the parts of his brain that have been impaired by simplism. At least then he'll stop trying to stifle dissent.

If I had to choose between chopping onions and helping Chuck work both sides of the political fence, I'd be in the kitchen in an instant. Although both alternatives make me cry, the deciding factor for me is that I have to laugh when Chuck says that his mistakes are always someone else's fault. Where in the world did he get that idea? Not only does that idea contain absolutely no substance whatsoever but he is thoroughly versipellous. When Chuck's among plebeians, he warms the cockles of their hearts by remonstrating against authoritarianism. But when he's safely surrounded by his serfs, Chuck instructs them to exhibit cruelty to animals. That type of cunning two-sidedness tells us that Chuck makes a lot of exaggerated claims. All of these claims need to be scrutinized as carefully as a letter of recommendation from a job applicant's mother. Consider, for example, Chuck's claim that his blanket statements epitomize wholesome family entertainment. The fact of the matter is that his behavior might be different if he were told that he has announced a number of pea-brained, disloyal ideas on how to run—or is that ruin?—everyone's life. Of course, as far as Chuck's concerned, this fact will fall into the category of, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts." That's why I'm telling you that in his quest to reduce our modern, civilized, industrialized society to a state of mindless, primitive barbarism he has left no destructive scheme unutilized.

Chuck's rapacious theatrics are in full flower and their poisonous petals of stoicism are blooming all around us. Even with the increasing number of unregenerate, addlepated bloodsuckers, Chuck says that every featherless biped, regardless of intelligence, personal achievement, moral character, sense of responsibility, or sanity, should be given the power to spoil the whole Zen Buddhist New Age mystical rock-worshipping aura of our body chakras. Yet he also wants to compromise the free and open nature of public discourse. Am I the only one who sees the irony there? I ask because one of his mercenaries once said, "Genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all entirely justified." Now that's pretty funny, of course, but I didn't include that quote just to make you laugh. I included it to convince you that if Chuck were to cultivate an unhealthy sense of victimhood, social upheaval and violence would follow. It is therefore clear that the point at which you discover that there is no reason to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy—and there is every reason not to is not only a moment of disenchantment. It is a moment of resolve, a determination that his attendants all have serious personal problems. In fact, the way Chuck keeps them loyal to him is by encouraging and exacerbating these problems rather than by helping to overcome them.

Daily, the truth is being impressed upon us that we must soon make one of the most momentous decisions in history. We must decide whether to let Chuck operate on a criminal—as opposed to a civil disobedience—basis or, alternatively, whether we should maximize our individual potential for effectiveness and success in combatting him. Upon this decision rests the stability of society and the future peace of the world. My view on this decision is that Chuck recently stated that the most valuable skill one can have is to be able to lie convincingly. He said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. He said it as if he meant it. That's scary because if Fate desired that he make a correct application of what he had read about separatism it would have to indicate title and page number since the batty poltroon would otherwise never in all his life find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, I can truly suggest how he ought to behave. Ultimately, however, the burden of acting with moral rectitude lies with Chuck himself.

I was thinking about how Chuck's intoxication with collectivism is what prompts him to give pushy tossers far more credibility than they deserve. And then it hit me. Chuck believes that we can all live together happily without laws, like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune. That's just wrong. He further believes that he is known for his sound judgment, unerring foresight, and sagacious adaptation of means to ends. Wrong again!

What is often overlooked, however, is that it is immature and stupid of Chuck to leave a large part of this country's workforce dislocated and disillusioned. It would be mature and intelligent, however, to seek liberty, equality, and fraternity, and that's why I say that he wants us to think of him as a do-gooder. Keep in mind, though, that Chuck wants to "do good" with other people's money and often with other people's lives. If he really wanted to be a do-gooder, he could start by admitting that like a verbal magician, he knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. The most sobering aspect of Chuck's opuscula is that if Chuck had even a shred of intellectual integrity, he'd admit that I've heard him say that misoneism resonates with the body's natural alpha waves. Was that just a slip of the lip, or is Chuck secretly trying to lead me down a path of pain and suffering? In other words, why can't he state the facts straightforwardly without their being exaggerated, aggrandized, altered, fiddled with, dressed up, falsified, and, in short, Chuck-ized? I could give you the answer now but it would be more productive for me first to inform you that if we let Chuck sow the seeds of corporatism we'll be reaping the crop for quite a long time.

Now that you've heard what I've had to say, I want you to think about it. And I want you to join me and extirpate exhibitionism root, trunk, and branch.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 pm

So you're saying that Schick may not have beem born in Hawaii?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Well that was long! :shock:

Oh Chuck, don't go. You make the forums a more colorful and exciting place.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Peanutbutter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Jazznews wrote:Well that was long! :shock:

That's what she said
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Talon Newsman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Jazznews wrote:Oh Chuck, don't go. You make the forums a more colorful and exciting place.

More specifically, Ned needs you.

Without you, he's like the Washington Generals with no Harlem Globetrotters.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Walter wrote:Image

Not directed at me I hope? Shouldn't be anyway.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Floyd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:Happy trails and fuck all y'all..

Chuck Schick, the Brett Favre of TDP.
Floyd
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:11 pm

narcoleptish wrote:
Walter wrote:Image

Not directed at me I hope? Shouldn't be anyway.

No, I've just been waiting for the chance to throw up a picture of someone who generated so much scorn, as a general thread observation. Besides, a guy who actually referred to himself as "He Hate Me"? F'ing hilarious.

I know everybody loves me. Except that WORT guy. And all the people who have filed complaints and lawsuits against me. Oh, and a dog that bit me once.

Other than that, love, love, love.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Floyd wrote:
Chuck_Schick wrote:Happy trails and fuck all y'all..

Chuck Schick, the Brent Favre of TDP.

Fixed.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com